Who makes the best fishing gaff ?????

Haper 44's gaff is great for whacking tuna as they come boatside...you just pull straight up into the head/gills and keep on lifting.
With that said, the conventional west coast gaff with the wide angle that crabby uses works great with a hard whack and straight in as well...pounded a 27 for Osama one day without stunning it and it rag dolled me and I am a big guy and never came close to coming unstuck...

Haper 44's gaff is great for whacking tuna as they come boatside...you just pull straight up into the head/gills and keep on lifting.
With that said, the conventional west coast gaff with the wide angle that crabby uses works great with a hard whack and straight in as well...pounded a 27 for Osama one day without stunning it and it rag dolled me and I am a big guy and never came close to coming unstuck...

Guy do you guys even use gaffs?

aftco is a quality product and available in various hook sizes and lengths. once again, you get what you pay for.

WESKING gaff are the best ive been trying to convince him to bring back the hook which is more rounded and made from 5/16 SS a halibut will not bend it ive had the same hook now for over 15 years i just keep going back to him for new handles.... as I break the wood every couple of years with an over excited WHACK..... I used to make them when I was a kid and the handle is contoured to always be where the hook is and for my paws i like a thick handle....LOL

Guy do you guys even use gaffs?

That right there is how you handle 5 headers with 2 guys onboard.

The open hook west coast salmon gaffs work great with a short handle while the boat is moving forward if you can surf the tuna along side the boat and nail em overhand. But for jig fishing or any time you want a handle longer than 4' for me it's gotta be a U hook, put it in the water and wait for the fish to swim over it then one swift motion up and over the gunwhale. If you are using a relatively long rod and light tackle then a longer handle is better Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew was showing off for the camera...

after boating a quint....you are just heaving em in!!!
Gonna be downtown on saturday...are you around???

Andrew was showing off for the camera...

after boating a quint....you are just heaving em in!!!
Gonna be downtown on saturday...are you around???

Shoot me a txt closer to the weekend. I've got some loins in the freezer with your name on em

Shoot me a txt closer to the weekend. I've got some loins in the freezer with your name on em

Actually meant that for Kelly, we both responded at the same time to his question about your tuna flinging abilities...gonna be in Van on the weekend...are you on the mainland?

Wow ! So many to choose from . Those Mud hole ones look good & the custom ones with boat name are pretty awesome . Might half to earn a custom one by catching tuna first . Will be on my Xmas list for sure !
Thx for all the help ! Lots to choose from.
Slickwater

Back