White Springs Fight Better

jimbob

Has anyone noticed that white springs have a tendancy to fight harder than red springs of equal size? I find this to constantly be the case. I am never surprised when I clean a really hard fighting fish and find that it is a white.

Very Possible, however it's more how the fish is hooked in the mouth. A hook set in the tip at the top of the Jaw will produce a totally different fight than a fished hooked on the side of the mouth. By the way I just finished canning 160 jars of salmon and canned a few whites. What I did first with the white spring is BRINE the meat for a few hours as if your doing a canned smoke process however don't smoke it take it out of the brine, dry it with paper towels and straight into the canning jars!!! All of my picky taste testers so far have said they have never tasted any thing like it and said it was better than the regular canned red!

Hey Rock, sounds like you have hit on something there. I did a similar process awhile back, but put a light smoke on it after brining. It was fantastic. The white springs are something different and require special techniques like yours. I always welcome a big white in my boat. eman

Back