Where to store the boat temporary in the Island

capman

I'm towing my 24' boat to the Island on July 1st to fish around China Creek for a few days and then at the end of July, going back to fish for a week around Nootka. To save time and money, I like to store the boat somewhere safe for almost a month anywhere between Qualicum beach to Nanaimo. Any suggestions for a location to look for is greatly appreciated.

I’ll be watching this thread. I have similar plans except starting in June

There's a couple of secure boat storage yards in Parksville. One is PQ, right in town. I haven't used it but it sounds good.

I think the local marine place has storage and will launch / pull out your boat for a fee.

I know guys that have cabins in Barkley sound and go there multiple times over the season just haul there boat to Port and then leave it there and have the Marine place launch and pull out. Super simple to set up on the phone with a days notice and it’s sweet to just pull up to the boat at the slip and load on some food / gear and go.

I think it was port boat house or Breakers I can’t remember.

Sorry just re read and saw you said you wanted to hit Nootka, so leaving the boat in port is no good

either at breakers in port alberni or boost marine out beaver creek road, because you will want to fish barkley sound again before going to nootka.

I'm towing my 24' boat to the Island on July 1st to fish around China Creek for a few days and then at the end of July, going back to fish for a week around Nootka. To save time and money, I like to store the boat somewhere safe for almost a month anywhere between Qualicum beach to Nanaimo. Any suggestions for a location to look for is greatly appreciated.
There is a storage yard on highway 19A 5 minutes north of Qualicum Beach in Dashwood.

Dashwood Vehicle Storage 250-951-2706

Back