where to find the best deals on fishing gear in Comox?

ReelDreams

Like the title states, where can a guy find some good deals on gear around here? I am new to the valley and want to start building up a salt water tackle box. I know my prices on freshwater stuff in Alberta but I'm still searching around looking and comparing prices on salt gear out here. Would like to buy locally but, at the end of the day I want to get the best bang for my buck!

canadian tire ? walmart? NEVER,, lil road trip to PNT coombs.

He did ask for the best deals in Comox as the title states :) I listed all the tackle stores I could think of in the valley.

If you are a new guy in town take a little advice-you perhaps will get a little cheaper price at Walmart or Canadian Tire but you won't get the real money saving helpful advice on what tackle works locally that you'll get at Gon fishin or Tyee Marine

I'm not sold on the 2 local tackle places, I just haven't found them consistent in service etc but that's my experience and I've spent some coin in both places

I think for info this forum is as good as it gets,there are some guys on here that put a lot of time on the water and they are generous in sharing what works

If you do go for a drive to Coombs area,like previously posted Pacific Net & Twine is a fishermen's candy store and their service is very good

I'm not a Wally world fan but Cdn Tire has a reasonable selection for the basics

Gotta update.
The last 2 times I have been in to Gone Fishin, the new young guy Jordon has been great to deal with

I have found that both Tyee and Gone Fishin are great to deal with. I have not found a reason to travel down island to PNT

Back