Where do you store your net?

Have been fighting my long handled Scotty net long enough keeps getting tangled on everything from cleats to top grommets. Any innovative storage ideas out there? Thx

it all depends on the boat if its got a rail get a scotty rail rod holder and put in facing up and store it vertical or I even put it on the roof, make sure you leave some net on the window so you don't take off with it still there

Boat is a 22 ft Sea Pro walk around. To much stuff on the top with Radar and GPS antennas etc. Maybe I should put in up there and let it fly off.

I mounted mine by using a flush mount rod holder in the gunnel at the rear of the house. Worked great but the net would move around a lot and the squeaking was driving me crazy so I also used a scotty paddle clip and mounted that to the side of the house to stop the net from moving back and forth. Worked great. Net doesn't move even at speed. Maybe a couple of those clips would work for you.

In upper rocket launcher, but still seems to get in the way. Thought I would be smart with my first boat and put it on top only to start running and then gone. Learned my lesson.....

I mounted Tigress SS Rod holders on my railings on both sides sort of in line with my radar arch. Works really good and is out of my line of sight when I'm steering and looking back at the gear. Also handy for a gaff or spear and keeps the rocket launchers free for rods.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a shot of the holder in some old pics........The second shot shows the handle hidden by the radar arch.

Attachments

• DSCN1329.jpg
    DSCN1329.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 297
  • DSCN1308.jpg
    DSCN1308.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 275
Last edited by a moderator:
here is a pic of what i did in the past and did the same with the new boat out of the way and very secure but in saying that fill the handle with foam, i even have a float on my new Frabrill one as well , you know the boat I dont think he changed it??44 lb mazels fish sooke.jpg

Have a 21' trophy with an aftermarket arch. I put mine on the the port side of the lower arch. Turns out to be very similar to wolf.

Back