When fishing plugs for winter springs???

http://www.tomiclures.com/rigging/pulled_pin.htm
Welcome wishingfishing check out this site of tomics for general info on the rigging. As far as the O-ring goes you would cut that off if you chose to just fish the plug for sport use. That O-ring is generally for commercial quick change purposes and would not provide very good action at sportfishing boat speeds. As far as chafing goes that's a good question as I can see where the line could get chafed as it exits the plug hole. Only a thought but maybe some soft tubing inserted could be an option. Never tried it myself, maybe someone else has that might help. Tomic suggests a toothpick for adjusting on the site I provided for you. Maybe that helps. Good Luck Eman!

I use a bead chain swivel that goes part way through the bottom side of the plug. Then you just attach the hook to the swivel and tie your leader to the other end.
Works well.No abrasion, The swivel does'nt fit so you can enlarge the hole by drilling part way through the existing pin holes from the bottom.

Edited by - maddog on 01/19/2006 12:48:26

I use a bead chain swivel that goes part way through the bottom side of the plug. Then you just attach the hook to the swivel and tie your leader to the other end.
Works well.No abrasion, The swivel does'nt fit so you can enlarge the hole by drilling part way through the existing pin holes from the bottom.

Edited by - maddog on 01/19/2006 12:48:26

WS thanks for the comments next time you see me say hi!!!!!!!.

You dont have to worry about the line chaffing when you do get a fish on half the time the plug will acually come up to the surface and hang there halfway up or will go right to the tip of your rod its so smooth just like the eye of your rods I can say the line has never broke on me before. we just do it that way because we use our favorite plugs and dont want to loose them just like the ol luckie louie ones you use a 4 bead swivel on them and there very hard to replace or find them if you loose one.

Maddog you got mail and yes!!

Good luck Wolf

Edited by - wolf on 01/19/2006 15:28:18

WS thanks for the comments next time you see me say hi!!!!!!!.

You dont have to worry about the line chaffing when you do get a fish on half the time the plug will acually come up to the surface and hang there halfway up or will go right to the tip of your rod its so smooth just like the eye of your rods I can say the line has never broke on me before. we just do it that way because we use our favorite plugs and dont want to loose them just like the ol luckie louie ones you use a 4 bead swivel on them and there very hard to replace or find them if you loose one.

Maddog you got mail and yes!!

Good luck Wolf

Edited by - wolf on 01/19/2006 15:28:18

The action always stays the same just like pulling the knot to the top but sometimes the knot will slide down with the pins out its always the same. Any size plug my buddys use the same technique for there cowichan lake plugs too.

Good luck wolf

Back