Looking for recommendations on Bennett trim tabs

These trim tabs are a complete pain in butt to get. I can't seem to get any Bennett M80 hydraulic (no wonder Yamaha owns Bennett) sport tabs or any limited space bolt ones (which I wanted) that fit for my podded mailbu 185. Everywhere is completely back ordered, and don't know when they will be here.

I did find an alternative. The M120 is 10 inch span by 12 inch chord. Is that too big for my hull? Alternative is I could make the plates if that is an issue.
I don’t think there is such a thing of too big trim tabs, to small yes, but bigger is fine,just use them properly

I've got the following lenco kits in stock

9"l x 12"w with led indicator switch 1500 plus tax

12" x 12" with tactile switch 1350 plus tax

12 x 12 with rocker switch 1150 plus tax

Bennet is not happening atm. Nothing at all wrong with lenco. Very nice stuff. I personally have the 12x12 with tactical switch in the coaster. Never had any issues and the boat stays tied up 12 months a year. These were original equipment in 2002. That being said I wish I had the indicator switch. Not a deal breaker, however it would be nice to see where their at. Like having a trim guage. Would never drive that boat without one of those so I can see where the indicator switch would be helpful. Not a fan of the rocker switch. Hope that helps. Ohh yeah auto trim tabs suck imo. I also would always choose electric over the hydraulic. Makes install a breeze and less things to break.

@SpringVelocity I can now get the 12"l x 9"w lenco kits /no switch in the electro polished blades. Just came in.

Last edited:
I've got the following lenco kits in stock

9"l x 12"w with led indicator switch 1500 plus tax

12" x 12" with tactile switch 1350 plus tax

12 x 12 with rocker switch 1150 plus tax

Bennet is not happening atm. Nothing at all wrong with lenco. Very nice stuff. I personally have the 12x12 with tactical switch in the coaster. Never had any issues and the boat stays tied up 12 months a year. These were original equipment in 2002. That being said I wish I had the indicator switch. Not a deal breaker, however it would be nice to see where their at. Like having a trim guage. Would never drive that boat without one of those so I can see where the indicator switch would be helpful. Not a fan of the rocker switch. Hope that helps. Ohh yeah auto trim tabs suck imo. I also would always choose electric over the hydraulic. Makes install a breeze and less things to break.

@SpringVelocity I can now get the 12"l x 9"w lenco kits /no switch in the electro polished blades. Just came in.

Yeah I looked at those my vertical room is only 9.75". They are too tall.

I've heard mixed opinions.. do trim tabs on a fiberglass boat that is not moored more than a couple nights a year need zincs?

I've heard mixed opinions.. do trim tabs on a fiberglass boat that is not moored more than a couple nights a year need zincs?

Mooring your boat in the fraser River or the salt 100 percent need zincs. I've seen a tab get eaten off in 6 months one time. Holes right through the plane and the hinge. Easy to do, just drill a hole and put some zincs on. Not expensive

Mooring your boat in the fraser River or the salt 100 percent need zincs. I've seen a tab get eaten off in 6 months one time. Holes right through the plane and the hinge. Easy to do, just drill a hole and put some zincs on. Not expensive
Ok so even if I just did a couple 3 night trips a year and the rest is on the trailer, put them on?

I would think that amount of time would be fine. I don't see electrolysis happening in 3 days. Maybe if your neighbor lost his extension cord overboard.

Back