What is the BEST lodge on the Charlottes

Yote

My Mother and father in law want to celebrate her being cancer free for five years (breast cancer). They really like fishing and I take them out often. I suggested that they take one of those package trips to the Charlottes and celebrate there with some beautiful scenery and fishing.

So the question is, which one is the best out there. They like five star accommodations and good food and service, of course the fishing would be good too, but relaxing with a nice veiw at the lodge is something they would appreciate as well. Money is no object here. I think a four day trip would be what they could consider.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

I can highly recommend "Westcoast resorts"
I have stayed at Englefield bay and Tasu sound and they run a first
class operation. The food and service is top notch.
The staff can't do enough for you.
My preference was the lodge at Tasu :D

A friend of mine is caretaker @ Langara Lodge, the one on the hill not the floating barge.

Killer views and outstanding food/service also crazy expensive.

http://www.langara.com/site/

Queen Charlotte Lodge has a beautiful building but it's a 45 minute run to the grounds every AM.

http://www.queencharlottelodge.com

I've been with Westcoast in the past sometimes great sometimes so/so.

The food is pedestrian at best more like a 2 star hotel.

quote:[
I've been with Westcoast in the past sometimes great sometimes so/so.

The food is pedestrian at best more like a 2 star hotel.

well , i disagree i'm batting 2 for 2 with westcoast !

I suggested that they take one of those package trips to the Charlottes and celebrate there with some beautiful scenery and fishing.

Try West Coast Fishing Club http://www.westcoastfishingclub.com/

The "club" offers fully guided fishing packages on the wild west coast of the Queen Charlotte Islands at the Outpost, Port Louis or at the Clubhouse, Langara Island. Both lodges are land-based. Accommodations, gourmet fine dining (with wine and open bar) and service is definitely 5-star at both locations.

The Oupost only handles about a dozen guests at a time and there is no other lodge within 10 miles so fully guided salmon and halibut fishing is fabulous. Chopper trips to and from lodge are spectacular! Ask to go on hikes along wild beaches or to visit abandonned native villages.

The "Clubhouse" has some big 25 to 28-foot Boston Whalers that have cover when it rains, as well as being very stable. If your parents want a self-guided trip, it's also available at the Langara location. Langara is a lot busier as two other outfits are based there too...but the fish tend to be bigger.

I have never been but I got on the mailing list for Naden Lodge somehow and they have some great prices on right now. Check them out.
RO

I have been to QCLodge twice and Naden once. Both very nice places, great fishing and great service, Enjoyed my stay at Naden a little more as it has a more HOMEY atmosphere and you can tour around Masset some as well. They might be booked up already though.

I spent some time working for Oak Bay Marine Group at Langara and at Kano Inlet. I would recommend fishing Langara. Great fishing and always A safe place to fish if weather is bad! Langara Lodge looks great up on the hill on Langara Island!

<((--( Spring Action

Thanks for all the great information. I am going to go over the websites with my inlaws and let them decide which one looks good after contacting the resorts.

I wish I could go with them, but there is a definate affordability factor there. I guess I will be stuck fishing in crummy old Sooke. ;)

Thanks again!!

Back