What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

is it easy to import outboards up to canada? did you have to pay customs/brokerage fees/taxes? I see a lot of cheaper motors down there
I was ready to pay taxes on a bill of sale that may or may not have been the actual amount paid. Luckily for me the border agent just said not to worry about the taxes and waved me right through. Didn't even look at the motors inside the trailer haha

The theory behind it is instead of dragging in the water when getting on plane it’s extra lifting area and strength to the deck surface. The ones on the back are transducer and anode mounts
That is interesting. You already have that downturn in your outer chines, where they’re acting as a trim tab, but they are fixed permanently and always in or on the water.

Ordered a new hatch from Bomar this week. The last month I was emailing back and forth with Pursuit and Bomar to find the exact size to replace it with. Both companies were great to deal with.
Should be here in about three weeks, and then I’ll replace in the spring before it goes back in the slip.

Pulled 250 lbs of lead acid batteries out of the stern of my boat and replaced with a Battleborn GL3 LiFePo house battery (270 amp hours, 80 lbs)

Also put solar panels on the wheelhouse roof

Attachments

• IMG_1630.jpeg
    IMG_1630.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Finally got the leaky tilt cylinder fixed on the one motor, put a safety chain on the trailer winch, swapped out 2 rod holders for 2 cup holders.

Attachments

• IMG_4049.jpeg
    IMG_4049.jpeg
    277.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Started it for the first time since late September. Always do a test run the day before a trip if I haven’t run her in a while. Has saved me a lot of headaches. First winter fishing trip in a few years, hopefully the weather holds up tomorrow.

Just finished up a few days of getting most of my boat to-do list done. Changed main and kicker engine and gear oil and their onboard fuel filters, greased both engines, replaced leaking deck hatch on pod, fixed bilge pump wire, then replaced bilge pump after it tested as dud, installed backup bilge pump w float switch only, replaced supply hose and through deck fitting for wash down pump, installed gear cuddy at rear helm, washed boat, rainxed windows. Spent the afternoon setting some prawn and crab traps w the kids.

Anyone have any ideas why my 2021 Suzuki 9.9 won’t pump water when on the muffs or in the bucket, but pumps when the boat is in the water? I am thinking it might be an issue w the impeller, which was replaced at the shop 100hrs ago. The kicker also overheats when run in reverse, not sure if that is related. Will drop the leg in the spring.

Anyone have any ideas why my 2021 Suzuki 9.9 won’t pump water when on the muffs or in the bucket, but pumps when the boat is in the water? I am thinking it might be an issue w the impeller, which was replaced at the shop 100hrs ago. The kicker also overheats when run in reverse, not sure if that is related. Will drop the leg in the spring.
The kicker, in reverse, likely cavitates - too much air, not enough water for cooling. Never hurts to check water intakes and impeller.

Could be a weak impeller, but what style of flushing attachment are you using?

I tried the rectangular muffs w hose attachment on the one side, didn’t work. Then I tried the small round ones w attachment on one side, read they worked better for Zukes. Those sometimes worked for the main, but often didn’t. Now just submerge in a bucket.

I tried the rectangular muffs w hose attachment on the one side, didn’t work. Then I tried the small round ones w attachment on one side, read they worked better for Zukes. Those sometimes worked for the main, but often didn’t. Now just submerge in a bucket.

I’d definitely replace the water pump then

300 hour service for my 2021 200 merc. Always a little unnerving for the backyard hack pulling the lower unit, but quite happy with how everything went. Fired up the CDH for the first time in 10 or more months and cooked up the cabin nice. Set for winter fishing and prawning now

Attachments

• D2A5F0B7-162A-4AEA-8D1D-59086A468409.jpeg
    D2A5F0B7-162A-4AEA-8D1D-59086A468409.jpeg
    235.3 KB · Views: 73
  • FFF7112F-DB9E-4EAF-8293-2AF7A06E3423.jpeg
    FFF7112F-DB9E-4EAF-8293-2AF7A06E3423.jpeg
    287.4 KB · Views: 73
Engine of my dreams! Been rock solid for you?
yes sir, got the 200 and 9.9 pro kicker from alberni at the end of December 2020. They’ve both been flawless since day one. Nothing more than regular maintenance and flushing after use.

Attachments

• DFF79555-62EC-46F5-BF63-06776476CEC8.jpeg
    DFF79555-62EC-46F5-BF63-06776476CEC8.jpeg
    388.9 KB · Views: 70
yes sir, got the 200 and 9.9 pro kicker from alberni at the end of December 2020. They’ve both been flawless since day one. Nothing more than regular maintenance and flushing after use.
I have the same kicker. Mind if I ask where you got the prop guard?

Back