What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Installed my rocket launcher arch I ordered online not perfect but was pretty affordable can’t complain it folds down which was most important to fit under the car port.

Attachments

• 34DCD22D-47EE-4469-9F0B-C68D6DFC3C3C.jpeg
    34DCD22D-47EE-4469-9F0B-C68D6DFC3C3C.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 107
  • A7007365-CFC3-4B15-A7E3-AF20D96B645E.jpeg
    A7007365-CFC3-4B15-A7E3-AF20D96B645E.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 107
Got a few more straps to rig up.

IMG_2924.jpeg

I suffer from cold feet when I’m on the boat in the winter. I’ve tried everything and find that wearing some thick wooly socks and flip flops works the best as it lets my feet breath. Well, today everything changes! I got feet heat now!

Attachments

• IMG_3482.jpeg
    IMG_3482.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 108
Put some new Scotty gunnel mounts on. You can see the pads from the original downrigger locations aft. I tried them out there this past season since they were already set up, but so far back it was bit awkward to pull the rods, and made those back storage compartments useless. I think I'll like this more. Now to figure out where to put the cannonball holders.1000001207.jpg a

1000001206.jpg

Put some new Scotty gunnel mounts on. You can see the pads from the original downrigger locations aft. I tried them out there this past season since they were already set up, but so far back it was bit awkward to pull the rods, and made those back storage compartments useless. I think I'll like this more. Now to figure out where to put the cannonball holders.View attachment 100874 a

View attachment 100873
Right on top of the old pads! No new holes

Put some new Scotty gunnel mounts on. You can see the pads from the original downrigger locations aft. I tried them out there this past season since they were already set up, but so far back it was bit awkward to pull the rods, and made those back storage compartments useless. I think I'll like this more. Now to figure out where to put the cannonball holders.View attachment 100874 a

View attachment 100873

Put some new Scotty gunnel mounts on. You can see the pads from the original downrigger locations aft. I tried them out there this past season since they were already set up, but so far back it was bit awkward to pull the rods, and made those back storage compartments useless. I think I'll like this more. Now to figure out where to put the cannonball holders.

Are those flush mount rod holders in the back corners? If so, I have a similar setup. I cut some PVC pipe at the same angle and epoxied it to the bottom of the Scotty weight holder with a piece of EVA. Holds the cannonball perfect and I can remove when I need to use the rod holders, i.e. halibut or tuna fishing.

1703007073171.png

1703007089583.png

1703007100401.png

Not the boat, but related… inspecting brakes, repacking bearings and replacing the seals on the trailer. Also replaced the factory hitch on my GMC 3500 with a commercial duty (18,000/2,000 lbs) 2.5” receiver. With the 24” extension I’ll be able to tow the boat with the camper on.

Are those flush mount rod holders in the back corners? If so, I have a similar setup. I cut some PVC pipe at the same angle and epoxied it to the bottom of the Scotty weight holder with a piece of EVA. Holds the cannonball perfect and I can remove when I need to use the rod holders, i.e. halibut or tuna fishing.

View attachment 100877

View attachment 100878

View attachment 100879
They are flush mount rod holders, and I've never used them. They face straight back, and I'd be worried about losing the rods. This idea is pretty brilliant though, may just have to steal it!

Right on top of the old pads! No new holes
That is the obvious spot, yes - if I don't steal CBsqrd idea. There are so many old holes in this boat already, and yet I still find myself making new ones. The old ones are rarely anywhere that makes sense to me! I will be learning to fill and repair gel coat here pretty soon.

Not the boat, but related… inspecting brakes, repacking bearings and replacing the seals on the trailer. Also replaced the factory hitch on my GMC 3500 with a commercial duty (18,000/2,000 lbs) 2.5” receiver. With the 24” extension I’ll be able to tow the boat with the camper on.
.thats how I roll as well cut her down to 24” so it could handle the weight. Went with the Curt extension. Show us a photo when you put her together in the spring

Back