What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Had it happen years ago miles west of the bay at Port Renfrew. 250 4 stroke. Torque of the prop and weight would not let me turn the engine even to straight. We had a strong wind from the East and were being blown westward. We used the kicker to get us close enough to anchor near shore. Thought we would be there all night and try using the kicker to limp in when wind died down but a friend that I had wrapped some rods for heard our call and came and towed us in to Georges marina at the rez. Gave the friend enough to fill his tank and buy some beer.

I believe I helped tow you in that day, it was nasty weather and if your anchor slipped you would have been in trouble, My friend who towed you in was Jeff W G,

,,,Rob

I ended up using my auto pilot and my kicker to get back to the dock. As long as the power steering pump wasn’t on, the autopilot pump would work fine as it was still full of fluid. It was my return line that went. Upside of the verado system I guess.

I’ve been procrastinating about pulling off my old trim stripe decals as they were getting a little tattered. Not something I have any prior experience doing, but my neighbour has done a lot of decals on his cars and offered to help out.

First step was using a heat gun to slowly heat up the decal and pull it off. Sometimes literally picking it off with my finger nails. I did find that using a plastic scraper really helped

To remove the old decal glue we used brake cleaner to break down the glue and scrape it off with the plastic scraper. Rubbing the excess off with a cloth also helped. This was not easy, nor quick.

Last step was to carefully apply the tape pulling back the paper backing slowly as you work down the boat. Once the decal is applied we followed up with a cloth to work out some air bubbles that we couldn’t quite avoid while applying the tape.

Last step is pulling away the top clear plastic protector layer exposing the final tape layer

Some tricky work to line up and merge both sides together so they nicely meet at the bow.

Attachments

• IMG_4673.jpeg
    IMG_4673.jpeg
    310.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4689.jpeg
    IMG_4689.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_4779.jpeg
    IMG_4779.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4782.jpeg
    IMG_4782.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_4781.jpeg
    IMG_4781.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 64
Did my bearings on my 2 year old highliner trailer. 2 full fishing seasons on it with multiple launches. Needn't have bothered. The bearings were pristine-such a difference from my Road Runner. I attribute it to -Much shorter travel, lighter load, Stainless spindle insert and excellent quality rear double lipped seal.

Gotta put one of these in the camping trailer I built, you got a link for that one?

THere was a thread a few years ago

Back