What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Paid my father for it and ordered a hitch lock.
Then chain and lock your bow eye to the trailer and bolt the engine, if it isn't already. The thieving basturds can be slowed down, at least.

Then chain and lock your bow eye to the trailer and bolt the engine, if it isn't already. The thieving basturds can be slowed down, at least.
Yea im in an ok neighborhood, not to many tweaker, I have a motion alarmed camera on her and the RV. 3 dogs and I will add the above, there's a boat in almost every driveway down here so we all keep our eyes open. We get more bears and deer than crackles. I was hoping to skip those but seems like I will now need to purchase if I want to sleep well at night! Thanks foxsea 😉

Yea im in an ok neighborhood, not to many tweaker, I have a motion alarmed camera on her and the RV. 3 dogs and I will add the above, there's a boat in almost every driveway down here so we all keep our eyes open. We get more bears and deer than crackles. I was hoping to skip those but seems like I will now need to purchase if I want to sleep well at night! Thanks foxsea 😉
Dogs are great security but I'll bet the bears would be good, too. 😁

Reel Slim and Aquaholic

I read the Pratical Sailor article and am going to try the Penaton. Walmart has it on sale.

I will be in Nanaimo with the Boat for a few things,, including finally getting the NEMA 2000 cable installed so we can have a working fuel guage.

I plan to clean the outboard bracket, tabs and all the other places that turned into Mussel Beach, pat things dry, put on a pair of gloves and apply the creme to the formerly afflicted areas. I will use a little paint brush to get it into the tight places and spaces.

Went to Walmart.

Penaton was on sale.

1680496233837.png

After 19 hours of cutting and waxing.
I’ve tried to polish my boat with disappointing results. I have the random orbital polisher and find it splats polish all over the parts I don’t want polished.. did you have to tape off the rubber rub rail, stainless or any black Scotty accessories? How do you polish the raised, textured grip areas of the boat (like the floor, walk around path etc..)? Maybe I’m just not putting enough elbow grease in to it…

I’ve tried to polish my boat with disappointing results. I have the random orbital polisher and find it splats polish all over the parts I don’t want polished.. did you have to tape off the rubber rub rail, stainless or any black Scotty accessories? How do you polish the raised, textured grip areas of the boat (like the floor, walk around path etc..)? Maybe I’m just not putting enough elbow grease in to it…
I kind of fought through it. The one thing I learned is you don’t need much product, and smear it in first with the buffing pad. For the floor texture I use a wool pad, it worked great to apply and a micro towel to rub off.
Around all the hardware I used form pads, and took my time not to hit anything. Around the cleats I used elbow grease.

Cleaned up my hubs and installed some new bearing buddie caps. If anyone is interested, they are on sale on Amazon right now for 10.76 for the 23b model. I wanted 4 so I bought 4 and little did I know, they were in packs of 2. Oh well. Can’t go wrong with extras.

Cleaned up my hubs and installed some new bearing buddie caps. If anyone is interested, they are on sale on Amazon right now for 10.76 for the 23b model. I wanted 4 so I bought 4 and little did I know, they were in packs of 2. Oh well. Can’t go wrong with extras.
Sweet! Ordering!

Single speed random orbital sander will not do the job. You need a variable speed polisher. Makita has been the go to for decades, not sure if there are others, since my Makita has been kicking a$$ for decades.
Random orbital is good for wax application and buffing.

Single speed random orbital sander will not do the job. You need a variable speed polisher. Makita has been the go to for decades, not sure if there are others, since my Makita has been kicking a$$ for decades.
Random orbital is good for wax application and buffing.
Exactly, I went with the Milwaukee 7” multi speed polisher. It was 350 at KMS Tools.

I bought a cheapo King Canada 7" Multi Speed Polisher from KMS tools, It was half the cost of the Makita and does the job. Usually I am one to buy the top of the line tool and have it for a very long time but the no name brand has worked well on the boat, Always a great idea to have some money left over in the beer budget when compounding

I bought a cheapo King Canada 7" Multi Speed Polisher from KMS tools, It was half the cost of the Makita and does the job. Usually I am one to buy the top of the line tool and have it for a very long time but the no name brand has worked well on the boat, Always a great idea to have some money left over in the beer budget when compounding
As long as it’s a variable speed I’m sure it’s fine, that’s the key is having the variable

Did it right this time. As some may remember I did a homemade job last summer, it would have worked but I didn’t put a bottom brace on it so it was a failure lol.

Did a phone order from Sherwood Marine, 4 days later its in my mail box. Faster service than Amazon lol. Good job boys if your in here.

Please excuse the filings on the floor, I didn't realize I took the pic before I swept up, trust me its cleaned up now.

52800056992_06af42bea5_c.jpg

52801018350_409f034c11_c.jpg

Did it right this time. As some may remember I did a homemade job last summer, it would have worked but I didn’t put a bottom brace on it so it was a failure lol.

Did a phone order from Sherwood Marine, 4 days later its in my mail box. Faster service than Amazon lol. Good job boys if your in here.

Please excuse the filings on the floor, I didn't realize I took the pic before I swept up, trust me its cleaned up now.

52800056992_06af42bea5_c.jpg

52801018350_409f034c11_c.jpg
I’ve got the same one. Great product. Low drag.

Finished painting the hull. Now for the trim.
20230407_143149.jpg

Back