What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Wow that's a crazy amount of musels, but my buddy at deep cove marina, when we hauled him out last summer after 8 months, had it way worse and his bravo 2 was super corroded due to a MerCathode failure.

Mine's a 1993. I believe a good looking boat runs better, is less expensive to operate and catches more fish! 😁
100%, and safe. Let’s just say there more guys out there that got bigger …. Then me when it comes to structural integrity of their boats

Wow that's a crazy amount of musels, but my buddy at deep cove marina, when we hauled him out last summer after 8 months, had it way worse and his bravo 2 was super corroded due to a MerCathode failure.
We are so fortunate to be near the Discovery Islands. The water is so warm in summer that I snorkel around the boat to scrub away any of those little hitch-hikers.

That was just about 12 months worth of growth. I first noticied a few mussels in late august and then they formed up like crazy.

I am hoping I can supress them this year, but need to find out how to remove them . Are they easy to knock off the boat as they appear?

That was just about 12 months worth of growth. I first noticied a few mussels in late august and then they formed up like crazy.

I am hoping I can supress them this year, but need to find out how to remove them . Are they easy to knock off the boat as they appear?
What is the water temperature showing on your device when at your slip?

I cleaned my windows and noticed this. Anyone know how to take windows apart?

Attachments

• C8F348C3-A134-472C-BF82-098916754060.jpeg
    C8F348C3-A134-472C-BF82-098916754060.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 126
I'd think the pressure washer would have nuked those guys sufficiently and you won't need to do anything else. Seems they were all concentrated in one area?

That is a good idea. I just ordered a pool thermometer and will leave it in the water when we are at the slip.
it will show on your electronics at the slip when turned on. Mine was 44 degrees at Burrard Civic yesterday on my Garmin. I assume even colder during the winter, consequently hardly any growth on the hull/gear. Those boats that never seem to get used have less growth now from the winter cold killing off the growth than last summer/fall.

it will show on your electronics at the slip when turned on. Mine was 44 degrees at Burrard Civic yesterday on my Garmin. I assume even colder during the winter, consequently hardly any growth on the hull/gear. Those boats that never seem to get used have less growth now from the winter cold killing off the growth than last summer/fall.

Yeah but if I usea thermometer, it is another task to log and when my pals bring their grand kids it is a task for them

Yeah but if I usea thermometer, it is another task to log and when my pals bring their grand kids it is a task for them
Bill

Next time you have the boat out I would spread a healthy layer of Penaten on your outboard bracket….tabs and actuator parts below the water line. Depending on use it lasts for quite a long time. It will get you through the Spring growing season and cut down on growth big time…..

Attachments

• E04F6753-74EF-4D0C-9C7A-054E648B52AA.png
    E04F6753-74EF-4D0C-9C7A-054E648B52AA.png
    234 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Bill

Next time you have the boat out I would spread a healthy layer of Penaten on your outboard bracket….tabs and actuator parts below the water line. Depending on use it lasts for quite a long time. It will get you through the Spring growing season and cut down on growth big time…..
Yes! ...and it's also great for a senior's diaper rash (so I heard.) 😁

Back