What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I had some extra barn door track in my shop getting in the way and an extra chain hoist, so I bolted it to the trusses in the boat house so I can lift all my traps in and out in one go, and keep them stored up there out of the way or slide them to the messanine for when prawn season is over. Will probably have to upgrade to electric winch so I don’t have to put my beer down while operating.

8302BE1A-F21E-437D-8369-0326E6921A0F.jpeg

Attachments

• D7F611BC-7F02-499A-A628-1A2BAB15FB04.jpeg
    D7F611BC-7F02-499A-A628-1A2BAB15FB04.jpeg
    271.5 KB · Views: 124
I had some extra barn door track in my shop getting in the way and an extra chain hoist, so I bolted it to the trusses in the boat house so I can lift all my traps in and out in one go, and keep them stored up there out of the way or slide them to the messanine for when prawn season is over. Will probably have to upgrade to electric winch so I don’t have to put my beer down while operating.

View attachment 87831
Now that’s a man cave!! I could drink a couple whiskeys in there no problem!

Brushed the snow off the boat multiple times .
I did the same but for a boat next to mine that is owned by a husband and wife that both have mobility issues, as they would be in harms way if they tried to get down there in the ice and snow with their wheelchairs. Swept off the snow and cleared the tarp coverings of ice that had formed. It is quite the feat to see them in warm weather to wheel down to the marina and get in their sailboat and use it with confidence.

I did the same but for a boat next to mine that is owned by a husband and wife that both have mobility issues, as they would be in harms way if they tried to get down there in the ice and snow with their wheelchairs. Swept off the snow and cleared the tarp coverings of ice that had formed. It is quite the feat to see them in warm weather to wheel down to the marina and get in their sailboat and use it with confidence.
Good man 👍

639DA0ED-4F45-4590-9A09-544E3F6A6BD7.jpeg
Re-installed my injectors, after having them professionally cleaned and flow tested. I’m a member of a Mercruiser FB group and have read of many engines failing due to injector failures. Most vehicle engine have O2 sensors to monitor air fuel and trigger a check engine light when something isn’t right. Most Boats don’t. Mine weren’t flowing properly during testing. Glad I did it!!! Hopefully saves me gas too?

This material is called plank grating or grip strut there’s lots of different varieties and sizes available. Metal supermarkets should be able to get different styles or varsteel/aj if you have an account or access to one.

View attachment 87921
Re-installed my injectors, after having them professionally cleaned and flow tested. I’m a member of a Mercruiser FB group and have read of many engines failing due to injector failures. Most vehicle engine have O2 sensors to monitor air fuel and trigger a check engine light when something isn’t right. Most Boats don’t. Mine weren’t flowing properly during testing. Glad I did it!!! Hopefully saves me gas too?
Used to have a wideband o2 in my old car for tuning can’t say I have seen one in a boat but they aren’t all that expensive compared to a new engine.. might be an option.

Picked up a Rocna 10kg anchor from a good guy from Alberni. Rated for 11k for 26 foot boats so hopefully my anchor dragging days are done. Couple forum members swear by them, hopefully I won’t be swearing at them the middle of the night somewhere ;)

View attachment 88025
I installed a windlass, bow roller, and a 10kg Rocna, last spring. It made for much happier anchorage experiences, compared to the previous summer, with the danforth the boat came with. It sets so fast and let us sleep better with no dragging!!

7AD326C9-AAC1-4B8B-84FB-28D14EA388A2.jpeg
Kingston makes a bow roller for this size of anchor. It looks great nests perfectly, with a built in safety pin. Not inexpensive, but worth a little more. I shopped around and got mine for a really good deal a Poco Marine, delivered to my door. I also got the anchor swivel from them.

Back