What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

@Rain City you might find this interesting at 8:15. The Ocean sport is a 15,000 pound boat with twin Mercury 350hp Verado's.
GPH would be US gallons.
These boats were origianlly sold with Twin Volvo D4 260hp or a Single D6
Also found it interesting how they beefed up the transon and stringers and put a 200 gallon fuel tank and all the batteries near the stern.
Need to redistribute the weight from 2 heavy diesels.
Maybe you could get Nordic Tug to build you a Pod?

@Rain City you might find this interesting at 8:15. The Ocean sport is a 15,000 pound boat with twin Mercury 350hp Verado's.
GPH would be US gallons.
Also found it interesting how they beefed up the transon and stringers and put a 200 gallon fuel tank and all the batteries near the stern.

Guh, just give me THAT boat! What a beautiful specimen. How much you think?

The fuel burn numbers seem more in line with what some had predicted mine would look like. I'm pretty skeptical about the numbers that guy was giving on the podded commander he bought this summer. Seemed too good to be true.

GPH would be US gallons.

I had a walk through on an ocean sport one time. I really enjoyed it. Wicked boat builder 100 percent. Great platform that was really well layed out, thought out. Not many things I noticed that I didn't like. Was too busy focussing on the positives. I'm still a die hard Steigercraft and Northcoast guy but I'd say Ocean sport is there or above in some respects.

This week we installed a Chinese diesel heater and brought home a Christmas gift to myself
Where’s the pics of the heater? I’d like one but a little scared of putting it near the bow fuel tank. Is your fuel in the floor?

Where’s the pics of the heater? I’d like one but a little scared of putting it near the bow fuel tank. Is your fuel in the floor?
Crappy pic but its all I have at the moment. The diesel tank is a small 5L tank that I mounted up in the bow.

Attachments

• 20221211_191917.jpg
    20221211_191917.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 103
It’s an 87 or 89. From my little bit of research it was probably time to change em. Plus it wouldn’t have been very fun ripping up all the new flooring and stuff if I had a leak in a couple of years. The plan is new flooring , new upholstery, new fridge and cooktop, new helm chair and I’m going to change the bathroom a bit. I don’t want or need a wet bath with a sink. I’m going to have just a toilet I think. It’s all subject to change if I find a rotten stringer or something though.
That looks real good 👍

You can run a 1/8 fuel line as far as you want. Stuff a 2.5gal day tank somewhere. As long as you make the dip tube the same 1/8. Doesn't have to be gravity feed, however makes it a bit harder to prime. Also pumps never like pulling they like pushing. You can always mount the pump near the tank and extend wires. Just depends on how you want it to prime up. Running these out of fuel sucks. Takes a bit to prime them. If you start them and they run out, they trip a code and do a shutdown mode. Which takes forever. Especially when your in the winter and trying to warm things up. Make it easy on yourself. I put a power switch in my 23 coaster. So I could toggle between priming mode and startup quick.

You can run a 1/8 fuel line as far as you want. Stuff a 2.5gal day tank somewhere. As long as you make the dip tube the same 1/8. Doesn't have to be gravity feed, however makes it a bit harder to prime. Also pumps never like pulling they like pushing. You can always mount the pump near the tank and extend wires. Just depends on how you want it to prime up. Running these out of fuel sucks. Takes a bit to prime them. If you start them and they run out, they trip a code and do a shutdown mode. Which takes forever. Especially when your in the winter and trying to warm things up. Make it easy on yourself. I put a power switch in my 23 coaster. So I could toggle between priming mode and startup quick.
I meant that I’d be mounting a heating thing near the gas tank. I don’t like heat near flammable things lol. I’m currently using a little buddy heater and I’m scared to put it at our feet where we would want it because the fuel is right there. The fuel vent isn’t right there but it still scares me

I guess I could put the heater at the back and run ducts up to the bow but it would be less efficient

I meant that I’d be mounting a heating thing near the gas tank. I don’t like heat near flammable things lol. I’m currently using a little buddy heater and I’m scared to put it at our feet where we would want it because the fuel is right there. The fuel vent isn’t right there but it still scares me

I guess I could put the heater at the back and run ducts up to the bow but it would be less efficient

Ohh gotcha, yeah not ideal. They don't work well in a closed environment either, such as a firewalled blockaded cover. It gets hot in there and starts melting things. Along with its own circuit board. Tried it. Failed. All of that. Tough install on small boats. Any pictures ? Maybe there's a way

Ohh gotcha, yeah not ideal. They don't work well in a closed environment either, such as a firewalled blockaded cover. It gets hot in there and starts melting things. Along with its own circuit board. Tried it. Failed. All of that. Tough install on small boats. Any pictures ? Maybe there's a way
I’ll get you photos in a couple months haha

Attachments

• 049BFCF1-8419-444A-A174-6DC53B735B2B.jpeg
    049BFCF1-8419-444A-A174-6DC53B735B2B.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 92
Got better pics. First one showing the small tank mounted in the bow. The last one showing the vents on the dash and overall layout. Only thing that will change is it will have a mercury tachometer and a troll control switch.20221220_142708.jpg20221220_142802.jpg20221220_142654.jpg

Hey Lemmy. Not yet, got the boat back and went to Van Isle for a weekend, then the ice age hit. Need to change props though, leg ratio is different than the 90.
I have a similar prop to what you’re looking for. I’ll check it out tonight and get the model number

Back