What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I have to face up to that this fall with the prop on my Merc kicker. Tried to pull it last year and no luck, didn't have time that particular day to deal with it. No doubt will be a sawzall job and a new prop this time around.

I have to face up to that this fall with the prop on my Merc kicker. Tried to pull it last year and no luck, didn't have time that particular day to deal with it. No doubt will be a sawzall job and a new prop this time around.
You can’t get the nut off or the prop off? I’d be trying everything before breaking out the sawzall. Boiling water. MAP gas torch. BFH

I decided to try removing lug nuts off my 5 year old tuff trailer. 20 new lug nuts and 10 studs later I can change my tire if I get a flat. Mental note never seize annually.
Thanks for that reminder - I bought a new Tuff 4 years ago, and not having a flat yet, never occurred to me to check. They all came off, but 2 were suspiciously obstinate that I think another year would have had a very different result - i.e the neighbors learning new curse words!.

Thanks for that reminder - I bought a new Tuff 4 years ago, and not having a flat yet, never occurred to me to check. They all came off, but 2 were suspiciously obstinate that I think another year would have had a very different result - i.e the neighbors learning new curse words!.
Yup,, my boats are fresh water 90% of the time ans all wheels get pulled annually and lugs greased when lug nuts ran back on. Mind you i do this with all my trailers.

Yup,, my boats are fresh water 90% of the time ans all wheels get pulled annually and lugs greased when lug nuts ran back on. Mind you i do this with all my trailers.
You’re a different breed. You probably follow the instructions on bubble gum.
“Take piece out of wrapper, chew for 5 minutes, dispose of in composable container, immediately brush teeth for 2 minutes and 30 seconds with approved fluoride toothpaste.”

You’re a different breed. You probably follow the instructions on bubble gum.
“Take piece out of wrapper, chew for 5 minutes, dispose of in composable container, immediately brush teeth for 2 minutes and 30 seconds with approved fluoride toothpaste.”
Lol nope not even close. Just an old equipment guy that has spent his life fixing. Spent many a long winter night in the frozen snow laying on my back and kneeling on frozen iron till my knees were numb and frozen fixing equipment. I have learned the hard way that a little prevention can make life a whole lots easier. Its just ingrained in me by now I cant help it.

Lol nope not even close. Just an old equipment guy that has spent his life fixing. Spent many a long winter night in the frozen snow laying on my back and kneeling on frozen iron till my knees were numb and frozen fixing equipment. I have learned the hard way that a little prevention can make life a whole lots easier. Its just ingrained in me by now I cant help it.
You’re a good man. We have a similar outlook on our possessions. I have many pairs of shoes I won’t wear if it may may possibly rain. Lawn mowed every 4 days.

You can’t get the nut off or the prop off? I’d be trying everything before breaking out the sawzall. Boiling water. MAP gas torch. BFH
Yeah it's the prop stuck on the splines. Was greased when it was last installed, but somehow neglected to remove and re-grease for a couple of seasons despite doing all the other kicker maintenance.

Out of character for me, most people would say I tend toward the over-maintained end of the spectrum, doing a 100 hour service every fall plus extras regardless that I only do 50-60 hours a season, but I somehow dropped the ball on this one.

Back