What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Just a little driveway boating last night…spark plug change and a check/scrub of internal zincs on my 150 yam. feeling ready to get the Island Chaser to…the island! Find myself doing mental work on my next boat more and more these days lol

I flew out last week to get the boat organized for the summer.....sort of. Between some on and off rain I managed to change all the oils.....replace boat and trim tab zincs.....and touched up the bottom paint in a few spots.. I also slopped a bunch of Penaten but cream on the trim tab actuators....lower engine brackets and my transducer. I'll be back out on Tuesday with the rest of the crew for another summer on the coast.....can't wait!!!

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Bottom.jpg
    Bottom.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 145
I flew out last week to get the boat organized for the summer.....sort of. Between some on and off rain I managed to change all the oils.....replace boat and trim tab zincs.....and touched up the bottom paint in a few spots.. I also slopped a bunch of Penaten but cream on the trim tab actuators....lower engine brackets and my transducer. I'll be back out on Tuesday with the rest of the crew for another summer on the coast.....can't wait!!!
Penaten but cream......I had to Google that one. Diaper rash cream for the boat! :oops:

Haven’t yet but I’m changing this bracket to the solid one. It’s going to push my motor back about 5” further than it sits now. Not sure if I should leave it (the motor) the same height or if I should lower/raise it? 26479165-18ED-430C-9C47-2BE25C3ED230.jpeg

48BC6BD2-58B4-4AF3-A654-460C73029F3D.jpeg

Haven’t yet but I’m changing this bracket to the solid one. It’s going to push my motor back about 5” further than it sits now. Not sure if I should leave it (the motor) the same height or if I should lower/raise it? View attachment 81433

View attachment 81435
Leave the kicker at whatever height works best for it. Move it back just far enough for it to clear when tilted up. Pushing it too far back has negative impacts on steering because it will want to bind up

Finally found a spray nozzle that fits inside my wash down tube!! Was tired of the small one that requires 2 hands to operate. Problem with the normal ones is the spray actuator hits on the hose coil and I can’t get the lid back on. Found a thumb activated one and voila! It fits. Pretty stoked on that.

Attachments

• C827405D-72F7-4522-9CAE-8E6399F72818.png
    C827405D-72F7-4522-9CAE-8E6399F72818.png
    249 KB · Views: 41
Before and after. Before the change the cables had too sharp of a bend where they entered the engine. Was preventing me from slowing right down without a bit of wiggling the control lever. That problems solved now. Corey Lax was right on the steering though. Now I need to extend the Ez steer bracket on my main to match the setback of the new bracket and I’ll be golden. 947F3144-A166-4B13-9964-8CA267D1CEA3.jpeg550A10BF-BDC7-4522-8667-2F2FA53C0EC0.jpeg

Got the oil filter relocation kit mounted on the block installed the new harmonic balancer engine is still sitting on the stand ,if I could just get through my giant honey do list I just might have a boat back before the winter!!! Lol

Not really too the boat per say but I have spent the last couple days getting things ready for my trip. Going through the boat and triple checking gear. Checked my anchor set up, rods, put new line on the reels and tied all new swivels on them. Crab traps all ready, shined up the flashers and lubed the swivels. Tied up a bunch of new bait holders, sharpened the hooks, shined up the spoons and pre tied leaders. Just making sure it’s all ready to go for when I get home from days off next two weeks there will just be a couple last things to put in and she will be ready for the road.

52192992952_951fb531ac_c.jpg

Not really too the boat per say but I have spent the last couple days getting things ready for my trip. Going through the boat and triple checking gear. Checked my anchor set up, rods, put new line on the reels and tied all new swivels on them. Crab traps all ready, shined up the flashers and lubed the swivels. Tied up a bunch of new bait holders, sharpened the hooks, shined up the spoons and pre tied leaders. Just making sure it’s all ready to go for when I get home from days off next two weeks there will just be a couple last things to put in and she will be ready for the road.

52192992952_951fb531ac_c.jpg
Did you pre order your anchovies?

Did you pre order your anchovies?
No,, I bought a dozen trays last week and vacuum sealed them. It was on our Anchovies thread. Got them at our local Sobeys for $12.50/ pack. I usually don’t take stuff from hear there as I like to put the money in the local economy as best one can but with the news of the anchovies this year I figured I better take some just in case.

Back