What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

My plugs are set exactly the same as I have enclosed gunnels. Its no big deal for me, I do have a bit more deck space tho.

Looks good to me Stizzla, if I lived in that country I’d be out there with you.
Boat looks good but I couldn’t help but notice your downriggers plugs. Sticking out like that would drive me nuts, personally I would look at moving them under the gunnel someplace but then you would have holes to deal with at the very least I would be looking at the Scotty 90 deg socket.

Not criticizing bud just giving some options.

https://scotty.com/product/no-1125-hella-plug-and-socket/

Yeah your right I owned a 176 and mounted then with the L bracket right up in the gunnel all that hung out was the cord nice and clean. Also I kept my back cushions under the seat unless I had people wanting to sit in them just keeps them cleaner and somewhere to step when getting in and out of the boat.

Yah I’m a real stickler for everything being neat and tidy and flush or hidden. I can’t stand stuff sticking out causing snag hazards.

Yeah your right I owned a 176 and mounted then with the L bracket right up in the gunnel all that hung out was the cord nice and clean. Also I kept my back cushions under the seat unless I had people wanting to sit in them just keeps them cleaner and somewhere to step when getting in and out of the boat.

Had them in my 06’ Lund and yes they keep the cords neat and tidy low snag.

50538255666_c22bb7bebe_z.jpg

Well then, it looks like I have another thing to do this fall and put on this thread.

It was definitely lumper that the pic looks. Docking was actually a little intimidating! I made it though and got 2 nice dungees for my efforts. Kinda regret going out TBH

Last edited:
I hear you... this is me right now:
View attachment 58060
I’m the only goof out here battling white caps in hopes of finding a 7 pounder!
i know what is on Stizzla's Llist soon from photo. On my list too . To clean tiller steering break lock with break klean cleaner .Might want as well a bump stop on the cowling white of course. good luck out there.

i know what is on Stizzla's Llist soon from photo. On my list too . To clean tiller steering break lock with break klean cleaner .Might want as well a bump stop on the cowling white of course. good luck out there.
I’m going to need someone to translate that for me. Is it because my handle is up in the corner? It’s the only way I can position it to lock the kicker in the fully up position. Kicker is in as new mint condition.

I had the boat in the shop last weekend because I didn't feel like launching through 10 cm of snow just for that one last fishing session. Did a bunch of little stuff.
  • Rain X on all glass
  • Fuel stabilizer added to both tanks
  • Changed leg oil and engine oil on kicker
  • Leg oil inspection and top up on main (yay! No sign of water!)
  • Removed gearcase and sealed around exhaust housing (saw evidence of exhaust leaks after water test)
  • Set up overlay of engine data on chart screen
  • Made a temporary motor raise/lower switch to use while cowling is removed. Got sick of climbing up to helm every time I needed to lift or lower.
  • Found and fixed flaky connection in anchor light.
Back to mild temps now and snow is mostly gone. Time for the etec to take me fishing this weekend.

I didn't get much done on the boat this week but have a few hours left to redo all the brakes and bearings on my tri-axle trailer. Hopefully, it will be good for a few years, now. The boat goes on the hard for a few months - hauling it on Thursday. Already looking forward to Spring.

I moved all the crap around and under my garaged boat (table saw, mitre saw, saw horses, potted plants, boat boxes, etc.), took off the cover and threw out some more stuff then trailered down to Rona for 15 pieces of 16 foot long baseboards, swedged the 3 bundles into the boat and reversed the process when I got home.

I moved all the crap around and under my garaged boat (table saw, mitre saw, saw horses, potted plants, boat boxes, etc.), took off the cover and threw out some more stuff then trailered down to Rona for 15 pieces of 16 foot long baseboards, swedged the 3 bundles into the boat and reversed the process when I got home.
Nice work trailer!!

Back