What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

New power trim/tilt motor for my 2012 DF250 Suzuki since I bought and installed it 3 years ago with about 320 hours now. Bring Out Another Thousand dollars with the relay replacement as well, hopefully good for 10 years

Attachments

• IMG_2426.jpeg
    IMG_2426.jpeg
    272.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0336.jpeg
    IMG_0336.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 34
In this case, it was an actual crack in the tin base behind the tabs. So the tabs were clean,but the crack was inside the harness connector.

By the way, we were up your way the past few days looking at property just south of Ok falls. I'm positive you passed me towing your boat on Sunday coming out of penticton on 97 unless there's another red f150 lightning towing a boat with downriggers around town :).
Were you looking for a fire sale?

Last edited:
Took it out for its maiden voyage since converting to splashwell transom and adding the hardtop. At 5400 RPM I can hit 27.3mph on the gps and cruise at 22.5mph at 4500RPM. Burned 7 gallons and put on 34 miles without a hitch. I was pleasantly suprised that all the math worked out and I don’t need to move anything or make any changes at all really. It’s like winning the lottery. Couple drink holders the wife says lol. Wipers, horn and some odd and sods to finish it off but all I’m doing for now is mounting my kicker and then going fishing for the rest of the summer. View attachment 95152View attachment 95153View attachment 95154View attachment 95155View attachment 95156View attachment 95157View attachment 95158
Man. That looks awesome! Nice work!

Thanks everybody for the compliments. I’m so happy how it turned out, I still can’t believe it.
I had to scroll back to look at some before pics and now the after pics. It's really a heck of a transformation. I've used/worked with at least 3 different Raiders. Boats that are so tough, and utilitarian. I'm a fan. But I never thought in a million years one could look like yours. Really, you did just a fantastic job.

Mounted some storage to my moveable rear seats and vacuumed the inside. It amazes me how much sand, dirt, and dog hair ends up in here after a few beach days.

Attachments

• IMG_2858.jpeg
    IMG_2858.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2859.jpeg
    IMG_2859.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 79
After a couple of hard weeks on the dance floor, I finally got around to picking up all the loonies and toonies, and gave the brass pole a scrub. We’re back in business with a good rotation this week! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    397.8 KB · Views: 129
This was alittle project but I have a heads up comment. I have 2 very old scotty 1105 elec dn riggers. One of them the switch failed. Scotty ask if I was original owner and i am so they sent me a new switch for a newer unit but it would work. I got the switch and put the downrigger upside down in the boat floor to work on it. I have 2 screw terminals and added stakons and attached them. Pulled out some line and turned on the power reached under and enguaged the switch and nothing. Took stakons off cleaned the terminal still nothing. LONG story short it will not work with the switch if the downrigger is upside down. Maybe should be posted in mistakes

This was alittle project but I have a heads up comment. I have 2 very old scotty 1105 elec dn riggers. One of them the switch failed. Scotty ask if I was original owner and i am so they sent me a new switch for a newer unit but it would work. I got the switch and put the downrigger upside down in the boat floor to work on it. I have 2 screw terminals and added stakons and attached them. Pulled out some line and turned on the power reached under and enguaged the switch and nothing. Took stakons off cleaned the terminal still nothing. LONG story short it will not work with the switch if the downrigger is upside down. Maybe should be posted in mistakes

Does it work right way up? I think the on off switch is a magnetic switch

looked at it in driveway today 😒😒

after our fishing season was cut short on Sept 2 when on 1st day of what was to be 1 week holiday down on Oregon coast, and 2nd week spent fishing french creek area back here, wife and I were tboned by a guy crossing the 101 to go north @ 8pm while we were riding the motorcycle back to camp site south of Seaside,
Broken and busted up ,but alive thank goodness , we spent 3 days in Columbia Memorial in Astoria, my kids came down and brought wife and I, the rv/ and bike home, after finding even more broken bones and internal issues with me in Courtenay Hospital, I was stabilized for 5 days then had surgery , home now resting/recovering..hope to be good to go for next yr!!

PSA
Watch for riders, share the road, take that second look.

Last edited:

after our fishing season was cut short on Sept 2 when on 1st day of what was to be 1 week holiday down on Oregon coast, and 2nd week spent fishing french creek area back here, wife and I were tboned by a guy crossing the 101 to go north @ 8pm while we were riding the motorcycle back to camp site south of Seaside,
Broken and busted up ,but alive thank goodness , we spent 3 days in Columbia Memorial in Astoria, my kids came down and brought wife and I, the rv/ and bike home, after finding even more broken bones and internal issues with me in Courtenay Hospital, I was stabilized for 5 days then had surgery , home now resting/recovering..hope to be good to go for next yr!!

PSA
Heal up amigo! Good things are ahead for you

PSA
Whoa! That’s brutal, Steve. Hope you heal up quick!

Swapped out what I thought was a bad macerator pump tonight. Had a spare pump I put new gaskets in, tore out old pump, tested it right off battery, whirls away just fine. Next step chasing bad wiring connections.

Put my boat away for the winter after a beautiful day on Kal lake the water was awesome and warm last swim too
Thursday off to camp for the winter
If the stars align will buy an older Grady and rebuild and refit and look out van island I will do around the whole island and a tuna run or two
If the stars align and I make it a reality
Kids are getting older and I’m starting to plan for me !
It’s with a sad heart but joy in my step
The next chapter is about to open
Now I need a cool fishing, off grid, raise and slay your own food babe !
My dad job is damn near over and in the bank as they say
Fishing here I come !!!
Ps don’t know what I’m gonna do with two boats but I don’t want to sell my 18’ naybe I should start my own charter fishing business hhmmmm
Couple years I could do well even if I don’t make a dime it would be the best time of my life Right!

Put my boat away for the winter after a beautiful day on Kal lake the water was awesome and warm last swim too
Thursday off to camp for the winter
If the stars align will buy an older Grady and rebuild and refit and look out van island I will do around the whole island and a tuna run or two
If the stars align and I make it a reality
Kids are getting older and I’m starting to plan for me !
It’s with a sad heart but joy in my step
The next chapter is about to open
Now I need a cool fishing, off grid, raise and slay your own food babe !
My dad job is damn near over and in the bank as they say
Fishing here I come !!!
Ps don’t know what I’m gonna do with two boats but I don’t want to sell my 18’ naybe I should start my own charter fishing business hhmmmm
Couple years I could do well even if I don’t make a dime it would be the best time of my life Right!
Congrats on getting the kids launched. That's a big accomplishment! Best wishes for the future. ☺

Back