What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Tarp off . vacuumed the cobwebs , new plugs bit of new fuel for the boat and rotor and cap for the heavy Chevy and down to the boat launch for a start up two weeks is a long wait for wcvi Barkley

Attachments

• EF2F0320-E39A-40B7-8BB7-3321E5B22FC0.jpeg
    EF2F0320-E39A-40B7-8BB7-3321E5B22FC0.jpeg
    317.5 KB · Views: 75
I put my boat in the water last Thursday evening for a trial run for the first time since finishing off the inboard to outboard pod swap. Then did 14 hours running around and fishing Saturday. What a game changer. We couldn’t be any happier with how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMG_4793.jpeg
    IMG_4793.jpeg
    311 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_4825.jpeg
    IMG_4825.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 140
I put my boat in the water last Thursday evening for a trial run for the first time since finishing off the inboard to outboard pod swap. Then did 14 hours running around and fishing Saturday. What a game changer. We couldn’t be any happier with how it turned out.
that looks really good, congratulations on the conversion. More pics and pod close up's if you have any would be nice to see.

I put my boat in the water last Thursday evening for a trial run for the first time since finishing off the inboard to outboard pod swap. Then did 14 hours running around and fishing Saturday. What a game changer. We couldn’t be any happier with how it turned out

Top drawer! What make and model is the hull?

Attachments

• IMG_4681.jpeg
    IMG_4681.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4680.jpeg
    IMG_4680.jpeg
    708.2 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_4679.jpeg
    IMG_4679.jpeg
    641.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    240.6 KB · Views: 120
That looks awesome!

Nothing too exciting but something I’ve been meaning to do for a few summers. I found some HDPE at a good price on line and put a cutting board on top of my fish box. It will also help to keep the sun off a bit as well.

Attachments

• IMG_8153.jpeg
    IMG_8153.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_8154.jpeg
    IMG_8154.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 88
Nothing too exciting but something I’ve been meaning to do for a few summers. I found some HDPE at a good price on line and put a cutting board on top of my fish box. It will also help to keep the sun off a bit as well.
Very sharp lookin.

You may still want to use a bit of cover for the HDPE as it does cut and after a while can look rough. I just have a piece of rubber floor runner cut I place on mine for cleaning on. When not in use it just rolls up and placed out of the way. Also there is a bait cutting station on mine next to the fish box cleaning station that i have a piece of the rubber on and I use this area for quick cuts and bait cuts, this piece i have on velcro strips so its doesn’t fly off while traveling.

53045792664_3a71b1f1bf_c.jpg

Very sharp lookin.

You may still want to use a bit of cover for the HDPE as it does cut and after a while can look rough. I just have a piece of rubber floor runner cut I place on mine for cleaning on. When not in use it just rolls up and placed out of the way. Also there is a bait cutting station on mine next to the fish box cleaning station that i have a piece of the rubber on and I use this area for quick cuts and bait cuts, this piece i have on velcro strips so its doesn’t fly off while traveling.

53045792664_3a71b1f1bf_c.jpg
Definitely a good idea about the rubber mat. In truth I probably won’t ever cut anything on it…lol. I’m still pretty anal. More about keeping the sun off the aluminum lid and it looks nicer as well.

Swapped out my Shakespeare VHF antenna with a Morad "Hotrod",haven't tried it yet to see if any improvement.Also moved my port battery along side my stbd. battery to improve my port list from the kicker.Shortened the cables and cleaned and sorted out the wiring in the stern.Small improvements to get her dialed in.

Swapped out my Shakespeare VHF antenna with a Morad "Hotrod",haven't tried it yet to see if any improvement.Also moved my port battery along side my stbd. battery to improve my port list from the kicker.Shortened the cables and cleaned and sorted out the wiring in the stern.Small improvements to get her dialed in.
No saying that you don’t but most guys don’t soldier the cable connection on the unit end. Makes a huge difference!!

I put new windshield wipers on mine today.

Back