What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

That kicker bracket looks like way too much leverage is put on the splash well which are never laid up heavy.You need to tie it into the transom some how or you may lose your kicker,bracket and a big section of your splash well . Fair warning.
It's to hold a 55lb thrust minn kota my man. I can assure you that splash Well and my transom are fine. She's 31 yrs young. No issues so far. She's a 91 and was built well and kept dry w low hours.

That kicker bracket looks like way too much leverage is put on the splash well which are never laid up heavy.You need to tie it into the transom some how or you may lose your kicker,bracket and a big section of your splash well . Fair warning.
Was thinking the same

4 regular wood screws to boot. @Hexxen I’m not sure about it.
At least use some bolts with big fender washers to disperse the weight. I would even do blocks underneath

Last edited:
It's to hold a 55lb thrust minn kota my man. I can assure you that splash Well and my transom are fine. She's 31 yrs young. No issues so far. She's a 91 and was built well and kept dry w low hours.
Still not a good install. We know similar boat construction specs. 55# bouncing around on that lever-arm wilĺ destroy the thin glass below. Cut the rear edge of the plate off and through-bolt tight to the transom, then back-up below the plate and through-bolt.

performed one of the least desirable chores for a boat owner this weekend and replaced my Jabsco mascerator pump for my waste holding tank. Not only are you dealing with toilet contents but to access my holding tank I had to take off a big access plate on my pod where the tank is stored. Hadn't had that open in my year or so of ownership so that was good to see nonetheless. The pump was mounted on top of the holding tank to I swapped it out, heat shrank the connections, and reattached the hoses so that I could once again pump **** out. great times. Had to re-seal my access hatch with some sikaflex marine sealant which is great stuff but it's still all over my hands. Stupid me didn't have nitrile gloves for the job. Won't make that mistake next time.

Last edited:
Still not a good install. We know similar boat construction specs. 55# bouncing around on that lever-arm wilĺ destroy the thin glass below. Cut the rear edge of the plate off and through-bolt tight to the transom, then back-up below the plate and through-bolt.
It's cored board and 2 inch thick. The splash well is built into my transom with a live well on the other side.very thick construction. I dont know why you all think boats are made out of paper but I will change it over to bolts and a bottom plate. I can assure you I can hang off that and im 190lbs. They sell this exact mount for kayaks. I'm not sure how a 35 lb 55thrust minn kota will damage it. Yall are wild!

I think most are believing you have a gas powered kicker. But it’s a little electric trolling motor, and you feel it’s fine, have fun.

55 pound thrust Minn Kota weighs 25 pounds.

It's cored board and 2 inch thick. The splash well is built into my transom with a live well on the other side.very thick construction. I dont know why you all think boats are made out of paper but I will change it over to bolts and a bottom plate. I can assure you I can hang off that and im 190lbs. They sell this exact mount for kayaks. I'm not sure how a 35 lb 55thrust minn kota will damage it. Yall are wild!
People get extra funny about campions on here.. think they were built like crap and nothing compares to Double eagle, Hourston or Grady's, even though I've seen more rotted out/poorly fabricated boats with those emblems on them than any other.

People get extra funny about campions on here.. think they were built like crap and nothing compares to Double eagle, Hourston or Grady's, even though I've seen more rotted out/poorly fabricated boats with those emblems on them than any other.
I literally have a Kevlar hull. And my continuously surprises me with its build qaulity compared to new boats I see. Campion has been in business for 45 years. I work with the grandson of the original owner of campion and when they sold, they went through some issues. But they were considered a very well to do canadian manufacturer and I do like the new rage although I haven't seen one in person for comparison. They don't build em like they used to I guess.

I literally have a Kevlar hull. And my continuously surprises me with its build qaulity compared to new boats I see. Campion has been in business for 45 years. I work with the grandson of the original owner of campion and when they sold, they went through some issues. But they were considered a very well to do canadian manufacturer and I do like the new rage although I haven't seen one in person for comparison. They don't build em like they used to I guess.
I’m a somewhat proud Campion owner as well but I am also anal about the way I fasten accessories to my boat. I will always bolt through with a backing plate and nylon lock nuts if at all possible because screws have a way of working their way out with all the bouncing and vibration a boat endures. As pictured your mount has a significant cantilever to it with a weight on the end that will bounce up and down in the waves. Another improvement to your mount would be support from the top edge of your transom to the bottom of the arm as someone else previously mentioned.
I mean no offence with my unsolicited advice and I’m sure the other folks commenting don’t either. I’ve picked up a lot of tips from this site and others even when I’m not looking for them.

performed one of the least desirable chores for a boat owner this weekend and replaced my Jabsco mascerator pump for my waste holding tank. Not only are you dealing with toilet contents but to access my holding tank I had to take off a big access plate on my pod where the tank is stored. Hadn't had that open in my year or so of ownership so that was good to see nonetheless. The pump was mounted on top of the holding tank to I swapped it out, heat shrank the connections, and reattached the hoses so that I could once again pump **** out. great times. Had to re-seal my access hatch with some sikaflex marine sealant which is great stuff but it's still all over my hands. Stupid me didn't have nitrile gloves for the job. Won't make that mistake next time.
What boat cha got there?

Members here are offering free advice with a money back guarantee. You can ignore any or all of it. BUT it's a great idea to through bolt with a backing plate.

After a three year struggle I finally figured out the issue and fixed my dual blue sea AcR problem. An important lesson was learned, don’t connect the ground of the acr to the switches LED output. On a plus note they sent me a new one under warranty so now I have a spare 😀
What was the problem?

😂

Holy hannah. Removing wood screws will buy backer and stainless bolts on weekend... I do appreciate the help guys. I guess I just don't worry about her anymore as she's old and solid.
You can even use these in a pinch. Only slightly better though.

Screenshot_20230705_181930_Chrome.jpg

Back