What are your favorite sounder features?

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't be relying on info from the staff at Canadian Tire to help you understand and choose a unit for you.

thanx for all the input fellow fishers........... I think i will pay a visit to Mike at harbour chandler in the near future ... thanx again.. C.A.

Good call talking to Mike at the HC.

Im going to be pushing the limits of the Lowrance HDS system shortly:cool:

Good call talking to Mike at the HC.

Im going to be pushing the limits of the Lowrance HDS system shortly:cool:
Hey John,
what ducer are you running and are you happy?
I'm thinking on investing some in a better ducer 1kw sort of thing, but then wondering about the chirp too
I think thats where your heading too?
I'd like to find out what those wicked tuna guys are running,
you can actualy see their chum and fish in the chum line.
waiting for the boat show again
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have to wait and see. The new software allows some cross over with some kick azz Simrad stuff. Apparently there is lots of hidden gems in these Lowrance units that are yet to be released. I will be taking advantage of one of them before they change the software again.

I have the black box lined up just have to pony up for a very expensive transducer.

This thing should kick azz once all installed. It is still not officially released yet on the Lowrance site but from reading the Hull Truth site and some special circumstances, it is becoming a reality.

I'll post up a thread soon.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
For a few more bucks go for the drone to launch off the cabin top with an infra red tuna sensor to locate the schools.

This is what I am going to do. Apparently you can now hook up the kick azz Simrad BSM-2 broadband/chirp module to the Lowrance HDS's. Something to do with the last software upgrade.

[ZCk4jHA56zU] http://youtu.be/ZCk4jHA56zU

I'm thinking of going with the Airmar TM265 Low/Medium transducer. I'm still researching them though:). I really want to pick up bottom while out tuna fishing or at least see the canyon walls and hopefully mark schools or fish deeper down. I also want to try some more black cod fishing:cool:. We tried it for a bit with birdsnest this summer and it was pretty damn fun. Something different.

how about the new lowrance sounder hub with a tm150 chirp transducer for 799.00
its only single frequency but with what you save ober the bsm-2 you could upgrade the ducer

how about the new lowrance sounder hub with a tm150 chirp transducer for 799.00
its only single frequency but with what you save ober the bsm-2 you could upgrade the ducer

That's a cool new "baby" chirp (seems to be the term used on THT site lol) unit that is going to be great for a lot of folks. I'm still researching the whole chirp thing. I think I need the full power of the BSM-2 and a good transducer for what I want to use it for :). I really want to see what these Lowrance units are capable of. I was reading that you can actually hook up the small Simrad open array radar to them now as well.....

Hmm, I thought "chirp" was what the tires did shifting from third to fourth. :)

That's a cool new "baby" chirp (seems to be the term used on THT site lol) unit that is going to be great for a lot of folks. I'm still researching the whole chirp thing. I think I need the full power of the BSM-2 and a good transducer for what I want to use it for :). I really want to see what these Lowrance units are capable of. I was reading that you can actually hook up the small Simrad open array radar to them now as well.....
I heard some noise that Airmar is working on a better "multi" Freq Chirp transducer to work with the new sonar hub,

Back