What’s going on in Tofino?

I agree to whomever caused this commotion whether innocent or guilty the life we live in with online banter your reputation is gone no matter what you did or didn’t do. But if the rumours are true then hope you get what’s comming to you.

I agree. Many innocent people lose their good reputation based solely on the accusations…
I think at this point, celebrities and athletes should have a quick pre-shag video of the woman saying “we’re about to ****”.
Then email clip to yourself so she can’t steal your phone and get away with it, and proceed to get freaky.

Last edited:

“Mitchell, he said, had been involved in managing the business in recent months because the resort had found itself without a general manager”

“Employee two says to employee one, [someone] is acting up, that he was making out blatantly on the dance floor. And at first I thought like, ‘oh no, married dude is getting busted making out in public.’ Then I heard it was with a staff member. Then it escalated to him being in the bathroom with this person. Then employee three came along and said this isn’t a good look, you gotta get out of the bathroom,” said Savard.”

Last edited:
From the province article, “We were super upset about (what happened). So let’s be part of the community and actually do something about it,” he said of the motivation behind playing on.

A long article with few facts and no insight into "what happened".

We are going to try to keep this from getting silly, given the seriousness of the subject matter and out of respect for those who may be impacted. Speculation on what might happen is simply that, and when more concrete and verified reports come to light, there will be a reason to post in this thread. We are not going to have a Twitter or TMZ style of commentary here where they try to keep the subject matter alive when there is really nothing new to talk about.

Thanks,

Brian

We are going to try to keep this from getting silly, given the seriousness of the subject matter and out of respect for those who may be impacted. Speculation on what might happen is simply that, and when more concrete and verified reports come to light, there will be a reason to post in this thread. We are not going to have a Twitter or TMZ style of commentary here where they try to keep the subject matter alive when there is really nothing new to talk about.

Thanks,

Brian
👏

Big change at Hockey Canada. Nice to see,
A truism of life in general applies here: the consequences of being found out in a coverup are almost always worse than than the original incident/s.

Hockey Canada could have got out in front of the problems by acknowledging and publicly condemning the incidents, and fully and openly supporting police enquiries. In a massively misguided effort to protect their brand image, they've actually destroyed it. It will take at least a generation to get back to the credibility and sponsorship levels they used to attract. The women's team will be left high and dry thumbing a ride to practice because the money has evaporated. Participation in minor hockey will take an impact, although I guess they can reduce their fees since none of the provinces are sending player levies to Hockey Canada anymore.

"If you don't deal with your s**t, your s**t will deal with you." - my therapist

A truism of life in general applies here: the consequences of being found out in a coverup are almost always worse than than the original incident/s.

Hockey Canada could have got out in front of the problems by acknowledging and publicly condemning the incidents, and fully and openly supporting police enquiries. In a massively misguided effort to protect their brand image, they've actually destroyed it. It will take at least a generation to get back to the credibility and sponsorship levels they used to attract. The women's team will be left high and dry thumbing a ride to practice because the money has evaporated. Participation in minor hockey will take an impact, although I guess they can reduce their fees since none of the provinces are sending player levies to Hockey Canada anymore.

"If you don't deal with your s**t, your s**t will deal with you." - my therapist

personally i think some long time sponsors took this as an opportunity to bail.

The Hockey Canada situation is not connected to the topic of this thread, so will leave it to be debated elsewhere. @sly_karma made some good points in his post above. I have personally been involved in Minor Hockey for a very long time and all I will add is that all of this has a negative effect on kids. Unfortunately, sport bodies like HC have lost sight of the fact that, at the very grass roots base of their existence, they are supposed to provide activities and games enjoyed by children who hopefully carry on that experience long into their adult lives, purely for enjoyment. The very few who rise to the top of their profession are clearly the exception, but we tend to promote the possibility that it could happen to anyone, if you throw enough money and time at it.

Last edited:
The Hockey Canada situation is not connected to the topic of this thread, so will leave it to be debated elsewhere. @sly_karma made some good points in his post above. I have personally been involved in Minor Hockey for a very long time and all I will add is that all of this has a negative effect on kids. Unfortunately, sport bodies like HC have lost sight of the fact that, at the very grass roots base of their existence, they are supposed to be activities and games enjoyed by children who hopefully carry on that experience long into their adult lives, purely for enjoyment. The very few who rise to the top of their profession are clearly the exception, but we tend to promote the possibility that it could happen to anyone, if you throw enough money and time at it.
Right you are, will leave HC to another thread, should someone choose to start one.

As for the Tofino situation, it would appear that the waters remain sufficiently murky that Crown Counsel has declined to approve charges. That typically indicates a lack of evidence and/or witnesses. The burden of proof is rightfully high in criminal law and the crown is reluctant to approve charges without a fairly high expectation of a conviction. Civil action down the road? Who knows.

Crown may not have approved charges yet, however that does not preclude charges from being filed at a later date as Canada does not have a staute of limitations on sexual assault charges. Meantime, I would guess the cheques would be flying about to fend off a civil matter from appearing before the courts.

Still find it crazy something as obvious and serious as this still hasn’t leaked to the public. To have a boat pulled, cancel a huge derby and erase somebody from the internet must have some merit and somebody would blabber you’d think.
Maybe there is nothing to blabber about! I’ve seen footballers careers ruined by people looking to get financial gain out of it. Not all innocent I know but maybe we are too quick to judge. Just saying!🤷‍♂️

Saying there is nothing to blabber about is a pretty bold statement.
Lots of first hand witnesses were there. They cancelled the whole race to the blue over nothing?!

His ex business partners are doing an excellent job of damage control trying to save their financial interests and brand in Tofino.

You wouldnt say there is nothing to blabber about if you were there or the victim was your wife or daughter….. keep that in mind.

Repeated from my previous post.

Thanks,

Brian

Back