What’s going on in Tofino?

Was on the news tonight, everyone interviewed were all like no one in the town is surprised.

Sounds like a typical spoiled little rich kid story to me,but thats just me reading between the lines. Someone in his position should know better in this era of technology,and realize that slander can happen very quickly,besides that the guy is basically the figure head of a very succesful business itsnot the way he should be acting. Again its a 3 sided story but inappropriate is still inappropriate,especially for a married man.

I must be naïve. I watched the chek story and it sounds by her words, that this married person was making out with an employee on the dance floor, then was banging her in the bathroom.
Inappropriate yes.
What here happened to warrant all the police presence?!

I must be naïve. I watched the chek story and it sounds by her words, that this married person was making out with an employee on the dance floor, then was banging her in the bathroom.
Inappropriate yes.
What here happened to warrant all the police presence?!
The story going around is the bathroom part was less than consensual. It's been suggested that only one of the persons was actually conscious. Allegedly...

This thread reminds me of the hockey writers speculating about the latest rumour involving the Canucks and JT Miller. I guess where there's smoke there's fire but normally we wait for facts before convicting anybody.

A business owner can't make out with employees or even randoms, and do more in public, and act like a drunk 19 year old. It's not 1980 anymore, I remember my boss in his 60’s or 70’s basically threatening to fight me when I told him he was being offside with young women at the pub in Squamish in the late 90’s.

If money and good lawyers get someone off without charges, your reputation is out there and the damage is done unless you get off the sauce and publically repent over time.

I've made 3 inappropriate jokes comments, literally and it cost me tens of thousands. Two of my 10 year women employees stood by me but fighting it was useless. Had to do company wide training, policies etc.

Good hard business decision by the partners. Get him out or lose all your staff. The Wikinnish Inn restaurant where every tip is $80-200$ can't get servers and kitchen staff.

He has always been stand up when receiving a cross check from me 30 years ago or the one time in my life where we got a picture of him gawking at our catch at his dock. We all know guys who a flip switches at X beers, guess he is one of those guys. Hope he gets back on track, makes it up to the derby guys some day, and the alleged victims can move on as best they can.

Tofinos a good town. Glad they made the investment in resort and hopefully someone carries on with the vision.

Just got back into town after a week in Chicago last night and reading this thread. I think people need to chill the f@#K out. Quit reading between the lines and listening to high school rumours and leave the guy alone. If he’s guilty he will get criminally prosecuted and if he’s not he will still be publicly prosecuted.

Just got back into town after a week in Chicago last night and reading this thread. I think people need to chill the f@#K out. Quit reading between the lines and listening to high school rumours and leave the guy alone. If he’s guilty he will get criminally prosecuted and if he’s not he will still be publicly prosecuted.
I don’t know who it was, nor do i care. My focus is on those impacted. I know that:
- canceled tournament mid-stride
- staff walk out
- new management brought in

If this happens, it clearly is a disaster. Oh, and of course people are going to talk about it so let them! Someone s&it the bed and they are going to have to lay in it. I wish the best for those and their families affected.

Back