West Side of the Charlottes in early September

carpeweekend

Crew Member
I won a trip to Englefield Bay (Westcoast Resorts Lodge) in early September and was wondering what I should expect. I imagine that the big northern Coho will be plentiful but are there still any Springs around that time of year? Want to bring some of my own gear and just wondering what to expect? Any insight would be appreciated.

Caught my biggest spring....38.5...about 3-4 miles off the west coast of Langara Island on Labour Day several years ago. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

was in Rennell Sound offshore few years ago....beautiful west side of QCI...big swells, cliffs, forest, thousands of bald eagles, and many fish!! enjoy!!!

bring a few 6" and 7" plugs and spoons if you want to bring your own gear. Most troll with cut plug or wholly-roller up that way however. Early sept will be great for coho and there will be some nice springs around as well... not as plentiful as july/aug but decent nonetheless. Compared to almost anywhere else on the coast the fishing will still be amazing. Depending on weather you could head out for some tuna as well! have fun. I've been to englefield a few times and it's fantastic

Thanks for the feedback. The slow fishing around Southern Van Isle lately has me dreaming of the trip already.

Back