Well, well, well, can't hide the truth forever

Page not found error....

Did I miss your answer to my question??

"BUT...how about answering my question which Dave seem unable or unwilling to answer
Dave was talking about the degree of impact Sea Lice have on wild salmon and I asked the following;
"What degree of impact would be acceptable?
Do we agree wild salmon are to some degree susceptible to Fish Farm Sea Lice?
I do know Fish Farms have concentrated their Sea Lice control to coincide with the anticipated passing of wild Smolts
And...what you say about Slice?"
All I ask is your personal opinion please and thank you.

Did I miss your answer to my question??

"BUT...how about answering my question which Dave seem unable or unwilling to answer
Dave was talking about the degree of impact Sea Lice have on wild salmon and I asked the following;
"What degree of impact would be acceptable?
Do we agree wild salmon are to some degree susceptible to Fish Farm Sea Lice?
I do know Fish Farms have concentrated their Sea Lice control to coincide with the anticipated passing of wild Smolts
And...what you say about Slice?"
All I ask is your personal opinion please and thank you.
I did not respond.
I'm I required to respond to you?
Email bc salmon farmers association and see what they say.

I did not respond.
I'm I required to respond to you?
Email bc salmon farmers association and see what they say.

Thanks for you post regarding my question Birdsnest.
You are not required to respond if you choose not to.
Your knowledge of Fish Farms from your many posts suggested to me you would have an opinion to share.
I can only assume you are not prepared to defend the fact Fish Farm Lice DO have an impact on wild salmon.
How about Dave or Shushap....are they not prepared to offer an opinion either?

Your knowledge of Fish Farms from your many posts suggested to me you would have an opinion to share.
I can only assume you are not prepared to defend the fact Fish Farm Lice DO have an impact on wild salmon.

One moment Im a just an uneducated bias fish farm pr team member idiot the next moment Im held in highest regard as a salmon farmer with a valued opinion. Guess it depends on what suites your beliefs at each moment FI. If you ask me your running a close second to clintf in these discussions but he's on your side so you don't have to see it as a bad thing.

One moment Im a just an uneducated bias fish farm pr team member idiot the next moment Im held in highest regard as a salmon farmer with a valued opinion. Guess it depends on what suites your beliefs at each moment FI. If you ask me your running a close second to clintf in these discussions but he's on your side so you don't have to see it as a bad thing.

Sorry if I offended you Birdsnest and if you intended to insult me, you have failed.
I just thought you would want to share your thoughts on Fish Farm Sea Lice and their effect on Wild Salmon
Still at a loss to understand why you Dave and Shuswap do not want to offer your opinion on Fish Farm Sea Lice and the use of Slice.. (not to mention the Fish Farm use of antibiotics) you seem quite happy to share your opinion on everything else regarding Fish Farms.
Oh well....We did have a great day on the water today fishing Halibut

I will never understand why me or dave or anyone else opinion who supports salmon farming in bc at any level will change your mind. For this reason it puzzles me why all the sudden your just bewildered that no one is paying attention to your questions. You've made it very clear what you believe to be true. Go ahead and call it compounding evidence in your crusade but Im pretty sure it will change nothing.

ok, how about a little humor...
you have to admit there's a bit of humor in this... and it has NOTHING to do with what's happening in BC because were so different over here so everyone can be thankful of that... hehe

I will never understand why me or dave or anyone else opinion who supports salmon farming in bc at any level will change your mind. For this reason it puzzles me why all the sudden your just bewildered that no one is paying attention to your questions. You've made it very clear what you believe to be true. Go ahead and call it compounding evidence in your crusade but Im pretty sure it will change nothing.

Why do reply to these posts then? Seriously. Not trying to start an argument or point fingers or any other school yard BS. Just trying to figure out why you join in the thread if all you do is belittle people who don't believe what you do. Reread this whole thread. You come in, refuse to answer legitimate questions, belittle people, call them names and for what reason? Does it make you feel better about whatever situation your dealing with? Or what?

The IMO the majority of fish farm supporters post here as they work or have worked in the fish farming industry, or related industries, or for govt. dept's that promote/support fish farms and they either are told to, or feel they need to defend this industry from criticism.

IMO most, but not all of the people who post against fish farms are private citizens not involved in the industry that are concerned about the negative and harmful impacts fish farms have on the environment and its questionable sustainability.

To be honest both groups have their bias, but those that work in fish farms, related industries and the govt. depts. that support them have a bias that is obviously more self serving and directly related to their bank accounts and employment status. So my question is - how objective can they be if they are defending their bank account and careers? They have a lot more to lose then a regular citizen who has issues with this problematic and controversial industry. My 2 bits.

So my question is - how objective can they be if they are defending their bank account and careers? They have a lot more to lose then a regular citizen who has issues with this problematic and controversial industry.
who here works in the fish farm industry and is defending there careers? couple of science guys?

good question bones.
They know who they are. lets see if they come out and confirm it. It seems they're pretty happy to be involved in the industry or the government department that's doing its best to support the industry. sure don't see that kind of support to the sawmills that keep getting shut down. lets just ship the raw logs out instead.

who here works in the fish farm industry and is defending there careers? couple of science guys?
Let me start. I'm 8 years retired as a Senior Research Technician, Science Branch, DFO. I was based out of the Cultus Lake Salmon Research Laboratory for 37 years.

I have zero ties to the fish farming industry, other than after about 12 years of following this, with supervisors who worked closely with salmon farms, especially the sitings, I find no reason not to defend it. I have repeatedly said if I ever see a reason to change my mind I will do so on all the forums I attend, this one first.

Let me start. I'm 8 years retired as a Senior Research Technician, Science Branch, DFO. I was based out of the Cultus Lake Salmon Research Laboratory for 37 years.

I have zero ties to the fish farming industry, other than after about 12 years of following this, with supervisors who worked closely with salmon farms, especially the sitings, I find no reason not to defend it. I have repeatedly said if I ever see a reason to change my mind I will do so on all the forums I attend, this one first.

You are well qualified Dave. Thanks for the clarification.
Perhaps you can answer the post earlier from a member asking to what degree Fish Farm Sea Lice impact wild salmon.

I have zero ties to the fish farming industry, other than after about 12 years of following this, with supervisors who worked closely with salmon farms, especially the sitings, I find no reason not to defend it.

were you involved in the sitings in any way?

I'm a salmon farmer. I have done so for 20 years. I've never kept it a secret here.
You are well qualified Dave. Thanks for the clarification.
Perhaps you can answer the post earlier from a member asking to what degree Fish Farm Sea Lice impact wild salmon.

Its weird how all the people here that speak a bit or a lot for salmon farms will share their backgrounds but the most vehement anti salmon farm speakers here identities are a closely guarded secret. Why is that?

just curious Dave, what are your thoughts on the petronas project? do you think that will have an effect on the salmon populations up north? you don't have to answer if you don't want to. just trying to get an idea if most dfo are in favor of it. I know your just one person and retired but do you think most in your department would be in favor?

just curious Dave, what are your thoughts on the petronas project? do you think that will have an effect on the salmon populations up north? you don't have to answer if you don't want to. just trying to get an idea if most dfo are in favor of it. I know your just one person and retired but do you think most in your department would be in favor?
Give me a break - my opinion on this means jack squat and I can't speak for DFO now.

Interesting that only Birdnest and I have responded to bones question, lmao! But the night is young, the hockey game just ended, and perhaps a few more will show their balls.
I know aa is off limits here for whatever reasons (shy?) but let's hope a few more show up.

Back