Welded Aluminums - Opinions welcomed

Mervillite

i am thinking of going for a dream boat and am looking for some feedback on 24 or 26 ft aluminum pilot house boats. i have been looking at xtaero, jaxoncraft, silverstreak. does anyone here have experience with these makes or have any others to suggest?

Thanks all.

M

Only one choice for me. NorthWest aluminum craft. Just had my third built, totally custom 24' pilot house. Love the product, workmanship, and price. I would talk to Doug he's your guy!

Broadwater boats are really nice the owner is very nice to deal with I never bought one in the end but I would speak with him before you make a decision. Silver streak are nice but Andy is not the best to deal with from what I have heard and after speaking with him i would agree. The Jaxoncraft look very nice also!

Have a hard look at the Northwest 24 or the 27. There are a number of guys running them here and if you want to rig the boat yourself you can buy a fully welded hull and cabin reasonably. Vancouver Island has a number of great Aluminum builders to choose from. I would recommend a welded custom over a production boat (just my preference). There are a number of great threads here on this site on this topic if you search for them. Friend just ordered a Northwest 27 for the fall and is going to power it with a Volvo D6 diesel. I am jealous of what he is doing:)

If you live in Merville, you are only minutes away from Robert who build Jaxoncraft. I have been over to his shop several times to see work in progress, and I must say the man makes an incredible product!
Alan

I don't know about these boats listed but I have a 21 ft Thunder Jet and love it. They do make pilot houses I think, just another option.

I have both Broadwaters and Aegir's - 24' and 26' respectively. Both great boats, built tough, ride great out in the open and economical on fuel to boot:). Aegir's are 26'3" x 10'5", self bailing deck, options for full wheel house (Bruce Cope designed hull) and local for you as well. Agree with Redfisher, custom boat with almost a bare hull so you can do some rigging and finishing yourself, save a fair amount of dollars that way. Good luck in the search, there is never the perfect boat LOL.

Regards,

Fishyboy

Armstrong or used Maxweld cat? (sorry, mines not for sale...)
I do like the Northwests and Broadwaters for monohulls though....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back