Wanted - Tandem trailer wheels

miglenda

Hi, I unfortunately had the 4 wheels/tires plus the spare off of our EZ Loader tandem trailer stolen from where we store it.

Tires are not a problem to purchase but new wheels are -$$$$. I'm looking for 5 used 6 stud 15" X 6" wheels.

The tires were ST225/75R1D (D is 8 ply) - Thanks in advance.

ps - Actually I would purchase new wheels if anyone happens to know where one could at a good price. They do not have to be the stock galvanized wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I unfortunately had the 4 wheels/tires plus the spare off of our EZ Loader tandem trailer stolen from where we store it.

Tires are not a problem to purchase but new wheels are -$$$$. I'm looking for 5 used 6 stud 15" X 6" wheels.

The tires were ST225/75R1D (D is 8 ply) - Thanks in advance.

ps - Actually I would purchase new wheels if anyone happens to know where one could at a good price. They do not have to be the stock galvanized wheels.

Try these guys off of MT LEHMAN in abbotsford...

http://abbotsford.en.craigslist.ca/fod/4308952627.html

i only have their craigslist listing....but I needed a couple tires as well and a spare rim and they were fair to deal with. They are a dealer.

Cheers

try your local Kal tire. I bought a couple of steel white spokers . they will out last the life of my trailer. they were under 1/2 the price of galvanised wheels

bruce

I bought galvanized wheels and trailer parts at Highliner. If I remember correctly, the owners name is Keith and I found him very knowledgeable and good to deal with.
Highliner Trailers
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]7188 Vantage Way
Delta, BC
Canada V4G 1K7
Ph: 604-946-6177
1-877-445-4637
[/FONT]

<tbody>
</tbody>

So for future reference, what is the best way to discourage this type of theft? I just bought some of those lugnuts that require a special socket from Cdn Tyre. It certainly is not a foolproof way, but for impulse thieves it might stop them.

Hi, I'v thought about that and I'm going to do what you suggested and purchase some of those lug nuts that you mentioned - I am also going to buy some good quality chain and then chain each wheel independently to the frame with a quality master lock on each one.

I have always had a receiver lock, a trailer tongue lock, including the 3' 'swing away' reach...I have never thought that anyone would steel boat trailer wheels and tires as they are, as you know, only good for boat... I'v been told that it was likely done by a 'street person' and he/they likely sold for therm for Zip -

As the Aussies say - "Bugga - I say "Big Bugga" ay

I also lock everything up, but in reality all the locks do is slow them down and hopefully they will look for an easier target.

Back