Wanted lead cannonballs or pipe Victoria

kaelc

Looking for some odd cannonballs or scrap lead pipe in Victoria. Although I loved running around for 45 minutes and eventually finding my traps had drifted into a spot where two guys had anchored for halibut I would like them to stay put!

currently use some 3 - 8 lb weights but would like more in the 5-10lb range. Could also use some smaller ones for halibut or throwing in the bait cage area. Could also use some stainless snaps.

thanks

As alternative many moons ago I went to a hydraulic cylinder repair/graveyard location and picked up on the cheap a sleeve that I cut to weight and length. Won't rust and comparable in weight to lead. Just a thought. Not sure of the costs now with all the recycling going on.

Looking for some odd cannonballs or scrap lead pipe in Victoria. Although I loved running around for 45 minutes and eventually finding my traps had drifted into a spot where two guys had anchored for halibut I would like them to stay put!

currently use some 3 - 8 lb weights but would like more in the 5-10lb range. Could also use some smaller ones for halibut or throwing in the bait cage area. Could also use some stainless snaps.

thanks

I have a couple 7&8’s. Located in Colwood.

I have a 7lb round mold. I could pour you some with stainless eyes. Trade for a 16.5lb anchor?

I use cast iron window counter-weights. Not as dense as lead but still do the job. Got mine at the used building supplies store in Coombs. They are cheap when compared to lead.

Last edited:
I use cast iron window counter-weights. Not as dense as lead but still do the job. Got mine at the used building supplies store in Coombs. They are cheap when compared to lead.

I have been using sash weights in my traps and as anchors for prawning for a long time now

they work great, and not attractive if thieves pull your trap and decide they need some cannon balls as well

Back