Wanted: Jensen Flash Fly Everglo Ghost

ChinookChaser

Hey Guys,

looking to get some of these for a trip to Nootka as I hear they are an excellent performer up there, but I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

any one have any leads?

Cabelas.ca
I've seen them at crappy tire on the island. I think i got a couple at Tyee marine/hunting in campbell river a while back too.

Cabelas.ca
I've seen them at crappy tire on the island. I think i got a couple at Tyee marine/hunting in campbell river a while back too.
Unfortunately Cabelas doesn't carry the everglo ghost colour--im specifically looking for that color. I can't seem to find that one color in stock anywhere. I haven't had an issue finding other colors though, however I've heard the white is the killer in Nootka.

I probably did a 2 hour deep dive last night scouring the internet and short of paying $60USD to have 3 shipped up in time for our trip from a fishing store Lynnwood, WA. No luck.

Unfortunately Cabelas doesn't carry the everglo ghost colour--im specifically looking for that color. I can't seem to find that one color in stock anywhere. I haven't had an issue finding other colors though, however I've heard the white is the killer in Nootka.
Where are you located?

Critter cove may still have some grand slam bucktails on their board.

i just got back from Nootka and can tell you that you don’t need something so specific. a white UV hootchie or a glow white hootchie will work just as well.

while we didnt spend a lot of time salmon fishing as it was mainly a white meat trip, we caught salmon on a large glow turd, AP spoons, lighthouse lures big eye spoons in glow green. guys i talked to st the dock we’re having luck with purple haze hootchies and army truck hootchies

i just got back from Nootka and can tell you that you don’t need something so specific. a white UV hootchie or a glow white hootchie will work just as well.

while we didnt spend a lot of time salmon fishing as it was mainly a white meat trip, we caught salmon on a large glow turd, AP spoons, lighthouse lures big eye spoons in glow green. guys i talked to st the dock we’re having luck with purple haze hootchies and army truck hootchies
Thanks for the intel. I know I’m just OCD. I want to maximize my chance of success, so I will continue to search. I’ve heard Casper needlefish hoochies work quite well too and those aren’t so hard to find but for now I will continue to search for the elusive ghost flash fly.

This thread is a real coincidence considering I finally caught something on this exact Flash Fly for the first time on Friday near Thrasher. I caught (and released) three 65 cm Chinook bookends in about half an hour.
I have caught fish on the purple one before but it just never happened until now with the Ghost.

Thanks for the intel. I know I’m just OCD. I want to maximize my chance of success, so I will continue to search. I’ve heard Casper needlefish hoochies work quite well too and those aren’t so hard to find but for now I will continue to search for the elusive ghost flash fly.
do you know how to tie flies or have access to a vice? go to a fly shop and grab some white uv krystal flash. tie it on a roller bead, whip finish with head cement.stuff it inside a white glow hootchie or a clear uv hootchie. rig up your hooks.you can make them for pennies as opposed to $ 10 per fly. i’ve been making my own for decades now. don’t chase a brand name. chase fish

Here’s a few of mine. far right is a “Jack Smith” for my local waters of CR. again this is UV krystal flash found in fly tying sections of your tackle store.

Attachments

• BB3A86BB-6411-4D74-9CEA-607E95A63626.jpeg
    BB3A86BB-6411-4D74-9CEA-607E95A63626.jpeg
    347.9 KB · Views: 150
Back