Wanted- Hourston 23 project . Where can I find one?

Actually drove out to vernon this morning to look at this. She's pretty rough, needs the full meal deal, stringers, floor, transom ( which i was ok with ) . The outside of the hull has been painted with some sort of latex paint and the one side of the boat has severe gouges in the side where they never used fenders. Little to no care for this boat over the years. The trailer is also shot and not worth fixing. ( a heads up for anybody thinking of going to look at it ) .

That brings back nightmares! Hope the buyer has a deep wallet and a full year of there life to give up!

That brings back nightmares! Hope the buyer has a deep wallet and a full year of there life to give up!
Curious what you get out of your 26 with the single under normal loads... (cruise rpm and burn). Would you go with a single if you were to do it again? (not that it sounds like it's in your future, haha)

Single 300 is fine I cruise at 22-24knots (4000 RPM) at 10-11 gallons per hour. Had it up to 39knots the other night at 5900 RPM on the way home. If I was to do it again it would be a single again.

Ive got a 350 duo prop (zuk) on my 26 sportfisher which is a bit more weight then the sedans as its double lined hull at 4200 Rpm do 26 to 29 mph and burn rate at 47 to 50 ltr per hour so about same fuel burn the duo prop does make a big difference in hole shot. my boat loaded is pushing over 9000 lbs as we went with what the dealer figured weight wise on a 26 and figured a 21.5 pitch prop would be on nope couldnt get to the high rpm range so got the 19.5 on and it perfect. YES to a single more then enough power!

Opposite end of the spectrum -- illustrates the point that a runner may end up cheaper than a project.

Opposite end of the spectrum -- illustrates the point that a runner may end up cheaper than a project.

and the new toilet is setup for electric scotty’s.

sorry i had a grammar police moment.

Back