Wanted 225-300hp outboard

Stephan @ Alberni Power and Marine is the guy to talk to. I've dealt with him for 20 years and have never been disappointed

Stephan @ Alberni Power and Marine is the guy to talk to. I've dealt with him for 20 years and have never been disappointed
Thanks. I have been working with Brad there and he seems like a solid guy who is willing to work with a customer. The Verado is too heavy for us but if we go new we may go with mercs naturally aspirated 200 or 250

Dennis and Gord are the only ones to talk to... Jeremy is two tits onabull

call breakers in bam, better to get gord.

I don't know who all the players are. What I do know is that if it's that hard to give someone my hard earned money I can guarantee that dealing with them on any issues after the sale will be a disaster. Every other dealership that I spoke with was patient with me, took the time to write up detailed quotes with part number even though they knew exactly what I was doing with those quotes and they also took the time to follow up and respond to email and telephone messages in a timely manner.

On a happy note. I pulled the trigger today. Dan at SG Power in Victoria gave me a smoking deal on a brand new left over 2017 Suzuki DF250 fly by wire. We will have a tried and true brand new motor with all the piece of mind of full warranty. I can't say enough good things about SG. I don't know how things will go after the sale but so far I am very impressed.

I never had any intentions of buying brand new and it makes me feel sick to my stomach to throw this kind of money at a 40 year old boat but it's done now. I sure hope there is a sport fishery for the next few years.

Thank you everyone here for all the tips, suggestions, and advice.

Last edited:
Congradulation Brian! That’s awesome!

Will they have you rigged up for the derby?
Thanks Lee,
I pick the motor up on Friday. Mike and I will hang it, rig it and take it back to SG for the ECM programming and some prop testing. Our goal is to be at the Derby. Neither of us have ever rigged a fly by wire system but it looks pretty simple. I want to move our batteries forward as this motor is heavier than our previous motor which I insisted I would not do. If moving the batteries isn't enough we will try and have some more flotation added to our pod to give it some more lift astern when trolling or on the hard. The pod alterations won't affect our ability to attend the derby though. The new motor is only 30 pounds heavier so we might get away with shifting some weight around.

Last edited:
I have 2, 12’ plus 2/0 wire’s you can have for a case of beer( I’ll share them with you at the derby). Should be more then thick enough for relocating the batteries forward if there long enough for you.

As for the rigging it should be just plug and play.

I have 2, 12’ plus 2/0 wire’s you can have for a case of beer( I’ll share them with you at the derby). Should be more then thick enough for relocating the batteries forward if there long enough for you.

As for the rigging it should be just plug and play.
Deal. Thanks, I'll try and grab them from you this week

I don't know who all the players are. What I do know is that if it's that hard to give someone my hard earned money I can guarantee that dealing with them on any issues after the sale will be a disaster. Every other dealership that I spoke with was patient with me, took the time to write up detailed quotes with part number even though they knew exactly what I was doing with those quotes and they also took the time to follow up and respond to email and telephone messages in a timely manner.

On a happy note. I pulled the trigger today. Dan at SG Power in Victoria gave me a smoking deal on a brand new left over 2017 Suzuki DF250 fly by wire. We will have a tried and true brand new motor with all the piece of mind of full warranty. I can't say enough good things about SG. I don't know how things will go after the sale but so far I am very impressed.

I never had any intentions of buying brand new and it makes me feel sick to my stomach to throw this kind of money at a 40 year old boat but it's done now. I sure hope there is a sport fishery for the next few years.

Thank you everyone here for all the tips, suggestions, and advice.

That’s where I got the best deal by far and dealt with Dan also. I got 6 quotes for twin 150’s on both Yamaha and Suzuki and for both at some places. Doesn’t matter now but Breakers was the highest and that was for the Zukes which were cheaper than the Yamaha’s at most places. Sounds like it all worked out for you!

In 2 months have 4 coming off our two boats. all 250's. all under 1200 hrs (1/2 trolling hours to boot.) It will be ready come 2nd week April, not sure if too late for you.

Back