Wanted 225-300hp outboard

Brian Reiber

Happy New Years everyone. Still look g for a good used 225-300hp outboard. Looking for a low hour clean unit. No projects.

Thanks,
Brian

Hi Brian, just to confirm, what does low hours mean to you? There’s a Verado just posted with about 1,000. Reasonable price too.
Also just giving this thread a bump because I know you are really wanting a motor soon.

Hi Brian, just to confirm, what does low hours mean to you? There’s a Verado just posted with about 1,000. Reasonable price too.
Also just giving this thread a bump because I know you are really wanting a motor soon.
Thanks Stiz,
We are trying to stay under 1000 hours and 2005 to newer. I did see a nice pair of Verados I could probably sell 1. However Verados are $$$$ to rig especially with the power steering. Besides I dont really love the super charger idea.

Thanks Stiz,
We are trying to stay under 1000 hours and 2005 to newer. I did see a nice pair of Verados I could probably sell 1. However Verados are $$$$ to rig especially with the power steering. Besides I dont really love the super charger idea.
Well, the one on the forum right now pretty much fits the bill. It’s a 2005 and 1000 hrs.
It may come with all wiring and controls needed. Also, it’s nice that’s it’s still on a boat so you can test it out. Maybe it’s worth a look?
You might get many good years for just a few thousand as opposed to spending 10’s of thousands.

Thanks for the tips, keep them coming. I think the Verados are out for us. The rigging costs are too expensive for a used motor. Maybe if we were going brand new it would be different.

Thanks Stiz,

I’m not putting the power steering in mine. And this ones a V8 so no super charger.

CALL BREAKERS IN PORT!!
I have talked to them. They didn't have anything used. Now that I'm looking new I probably should call them again. I remember being annoyed with them as every time I called the sales person was busy so I left a message and 3 separate times didn't receive a call back. On the 4th try I got lucky and the guy was at his desk. I know most people on here are Breakers fans but that annoyed me and I'm pretty particular about who I do business with.

I have talked to them. They didn't have anything used. Now that I'm looking new I probably should call them again. I remember being annoyed with them as every time I called the sales person was busy so I left a message and 3 separate times didn't receive a call back. On the 4th try I got lucky and the guy was at his desk. I know most people on here are Breakers fans but that annoyed me and I'm pretty particular about who I do business with.
Same deal for me. I was looking to buy 2 new engines and all rigging. When I asked for a quote I didn't get one and when I asked for the price in person I was told "around 20k a piece". I took my money elsewhere even though I live in Alberni and wanted to support Breakers. I will say I did catch the owner in there one day and he seems like a good guy and was really helpful. It may be worth a call to him . His name is Dennis I think .

Back