Victoria

B

bigguns

hey
i will be in victoria for a lacrosse tournement in saanich/penninsula
and will be staying at dunsmuir lodge and is there any good fishing spots near thee or should i just bring my golf clubs[?]

If you're bringing soem kind of water craft, then Durrance lake would be the closest lake to Dunsmuir Lodge, trout are generally 10" to 17".
It also has a small are off the point 3/4 the way down the lake where you can fish from shore.

Next up would be Prospect with good trout fishing for fish 12" to 20", but little shore access.

And then not far from there is Elk Lake on the highway, larger fish again and there is access from shore along the highway and a fishing wharf on the back side of the lake.

Your standard leetches and damsels will work in all these lakes.

Then there is always beach fishing for cutties all along the east side of the penninsula.

Good luck (and in your tourney too)
George

just got back from victoria i didn't get a chance to fish:( cause we had team dinners and meetings but we did win the tournament:D I will be up there in about 1.5 months for provincials and maybe then i will go:)
Mike

hey fishhawk,

have you seen any cutties come back since reay creek was whiped out a few years back? I used to see plenty of cutts and even coho on the east side of the pennisula, but nothing now.

I haven't been down there lately but I did see a few cutties showing from Bazan Bay up to the fishing pier in Sydney last summer. From what I understand they do show further towards Victoria and around to the Pat Bay area too.

Back