Victoria Westmarine closing

TenMile

Went into Victoria Westmarine yesterday to get some zincs and bottom paint and it looks like they are closing early. They were supposed to be open until their lease ran out in 3 years, however, Ray explained the building has sold (new Audi dealership being built). They are open until all the stock is gone or December. Currently everything in the store is 30% off (Sales Final).

Lots of good tackle still, coolers and tons of boat parts, clothing and doo dads.. Bottom paints were all gone. I picked up a hali rod with a Penn Senator reel for a price lower than I can find the reel alone online.

Used up all the $10 vouchers I've saved up this past year. Purchased a chartplotter from them in the spring so had about $100 worth.

Too bad. The store had a friendly staff and although they didn't always have great stock, were willing to order in anything. Their return and warranty policy in my view is one of the best around.

Went down today and bought out all their NGK spark plugs that fit my 200 Yam 2 stroke...13 plugs at $2.37 each after discount. Also picked up a big 32 oz bottle of Starbrite Marine Polish for $31.49. I usually get a 16oz bottle from crappy tire for about $24.00...so good deals. Most of the other items I looked at were a few bucks more expensive than other stores so with the discount not much of a deal...but happy with the prices on what I brought home.

Wait a while it will all go to 50%off. It did in Nanaimo as 30% is still a ripoff at their prices. All the stock went to Vic from Nanaimo so now they would have to ship it to Ontario so they will try to blow out as much as possible. Patience is a virtue unless you absolutely need it WM was always a last choice for me.

I expect that by the time things get to that level of blowout, the inventory will be picked over pretty good. Shelves were already starting to look empty when I was in there yesterday. All the electronics are gone. Paints were gone. Zincs were almost all gone. Apparently one size of spark plug is now gone :)

The Vancouver store will be staying open for a while I understand. All Canadian stores will be gone within 3 years.

They told me they shipped most of their high end stuff to Vancouver, including electronics, good reels, and all the stainless fasteners (the things I was interested in). I was there yesterday and looked over the shelves. 30% makes their prices competitive, at 50% I'll buy things I don't need just cuz I'll feel like its a good deal.

The staff were helpful and more positive than I'd be if I was working my last days at a job that suddenly ended on me, very professional of them.

Back