Trailer shop near Victoria

Fishin

Hoping to have my trailer gone over bought it with the brakes not working looking for a shop that can go through it and replace what’s needed might need a full overhaul I’m not sure located in Victoria can travel but hoping to keep it fairly local the shop I used before is no longer in business unfortunately. Was looking at princess auto and doing the work myself but unsure how they would hold up in the salt water environment trailers an 05 Karavan single carrying an 1802 trophy.

You have a few options out in the Westshore. Fennells RV, Thomcat, Cap it Millstream, some guys have said good things about Sherwood for parts. Depends who you ask as they've all have good or bad experiences. I re did my axle/brakes last year and went will Thomcat and happy with the work they did. Fennells was very busy and weren't able to get to trailer anytime soon. Thomcat was just up the road and I wasn't able to tow very due to my issue. Call around and ask for a quote and get things in writing.

Sherwood marine has a good stock of spare parts for trailers and I believe they do service but can't speak to the cost as i do it all myself. I did my bearings, rotors and pads last year and they had everything I needed in stock and the prices were reasonable compared to online in the US.....I was going to try to import but after conversion and import fees it was around the same or cheaper to buy it at sherwood. Might be worth a call or trip in to see what they have and maybe see what the labor cost is.

If you are capable of doing the work yourself convert it to electric over hydraulic. Thomcat can source and sell you all the Kodiak brake parts and Dexter actuator

You have a few options out in the Westshore. Fennells RV, Thomcat, Cap it Millstream, some guys have said good things about Sherwood for parts. Depends who you ask as they've all have good or bad experiences. I re did my axle/brakes last year and went will Thomcat and happy with the work they did. Fennells was very busy and weren't able to get to trailer anytime soon. Thomcat was just up the road and I wasn't able to tow very due to my issue. Call around and ask for a quote and get things in writing.
Ditto on Thomcat. They have done work on my boat trailer and 2 trailers I haul for Capital Bike - always fair, straight up about cost and timing, and they deliver what they say. Fennell is also good [now owned by the woman that used to manage Custom Hitch before the owner retired] - they've worked on a camper but sent me up the road to Thomcat for my last work.

Try Burkmar auto. He was doing all the coast guard trailers. Located around the corner from sherwood

Back