Victoria reports - spring/summer 09

picked up a nice spring this morning off of the breakwater. gave me a good scrap. hard netting as I was by myself and using long leaders. weighed 29#.:D
HPIM3954.jpg

anchovie in a bloody nose teaser, right on the bottom in 80 feet of water,

Bruce

Heard Oak Bay was hot this morning. Boomer really lit it up !! This is the Oak Bay i use to know as a kid. Nice.

Tournament Proven !

Hit the flats with the Rock this am drifted halibut for a while but no takers so we set up for salmon and dragged some chovies until noon. Missed the first three strikes including a pin-popper and then landed the last two ~ one in low twenties and one low teens. Tons of bait ~ our bigger spring was coughing up needlefish when we landed it. First salmon trip of the year! Saw quite a few other fish caught. Don't normally fish the flats but I think we'll be repeat customers!;)

Yes fishing was good on the flats boated five salmon,and had 4 more pin poppers .It was good bite from early in the morning, had five in the cooler in couple hours. teenburgers to low twentys ,the bigger fish were whiteys.

thanks last chance,
[:I]what kind of leader length are you running?

Your rite there kelly renfrew is a lot slower than down here just did a long stint and it was a tuff go but now i'm back for a week of salmon trips yeha.

nice one, ive been running 28-30.
should be heading out tonite after the kids have their bath time..
ill report later...

Got out for an early shift on the flats, 5 mins in the water
before the first hit which was a scrappy 16lb'er.
2 more hits , one was a real pin popper that broke the
hook off my squirt. [V]
6 nice crab on the way in :)

thanks r.s.

i'm gonna try and get in a quick fish off the waterfront tomorrow am... so i was just wondering.

Hey Scott , nice one! we picked up a 21 whitey on bait. Went down Haro and picked up 2 nice chickens and 9 million doggies. Great day.
Was your fish a white spring as well?

Back