Victoria reports Fall/Winter 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went out for halibut on saturday for the small window of slack around william head. Not a sniff but got some nice dungies. Weather was pretty decent but again another bowl of skunk cabbage soup.

Nice morning for fishing ! LOL..

Cookcam2-4.jpg

I don't know Craven---you'd cover a lot of ground! We're suposeed to meet the tech from victoria marine this am in Sidney to launch and set our electronic compass but Bigwavedave says it's howling SE at kelp reef already. It doesn't seem as bad as yesterday here at Albert Head.
T2
Just rechecked BWD--the reports aare from yesterday--the site hasn't updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiver me timbers..looks like were in for another blow tomorrow:eek:

Ya great I'm out bright and early!!! Won't have to worry about the south island guys getting to much of the quota !! Lol mother natures making sure of that!

Yep I hear ya..one only wonders if the Commy Slipper Skippers worry about the weather!!

spill the beans for that honey nole boomer,,i am 0 for the season so far,,tried zero rock-nil,tried albert head today and last sunday-nil,,going to go out to constance tomorrow,hope that will be the ticket,,

we went deep yesterday at 330ft on the side of some structure. 3 bites in 6hrs- 2 dogs and a 39lb hali on a big salmon head. beauty day after a short rain and wind in the AM

hey rook try east constance 170 to 220 always good the currant changes twice be on your toes around 1100 am and 1350 pm goodluck mike

Just saw a picture of Scott Craven and Tim Hogue on the Island Outfirrers facebook page with the 104 lb halibut they caught earlier today. NICE!

went to head out to constance bank today around 7:30am,got half way out then turned and went over to albert head again,,it was getting a bit rough on the way out for my 181/2 ft boat,,so got ziltch today again,,thanks boomer i will try that area next halibut tide day,,back to salmon for a bit now i quess,,i came into esquimalt dock at around 1pm after the winds picked up and out of the ten or so people that i talked to nobody had any hali's

Went out Sunday to Race - no luck this time! Need to get my fishing buddies up earlier - seemed there was a boat on just about every piece of structure out there lol

yes,there were a lot of boats out fishing hali's on sunday,but i don't think there were many caught,,or is it just me?

According to DOF, everyone caught a fish and those fish have been deducted from our allocation. Either way, you loose!

I'm not helping the counts, I tell ya that. 4 times out, 0 fish in. It's too bad sporties and lodges can't be trusted to count our own numbers and report them to DFO. Then we'd know the real TAC for our sector. I am surprised the outfits that are really affected by early closures and voodoo math haven't hired consultants to work with DFO at developing a more accurate way of counting. Now that 2011 is past, I think we should all submit our numbers to a trusted individual to compile it all and see what things actually come to. Could we trust that everyone gives honest numbers? For some reason, I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back