Victoria Reports 2015

Nice double header! Good job solo!

FYI, the name is not the Sitka spoon; AP Sandlance Spoon.....it is available at Sitka though!

Andrew - thanks for the spoons!! Love the action on those things, hooked up and landed three fish with them yesterday.

Got word that oak bays finest had found my devious trailer had lapsed decals, so they had it towed for everyones safety...phew. $300 dollars well earned guys!

was that from the Cattle point ramp ?

was that from the Cattle point ramp ?

Nope from the marina parkinglot. My bad, i forgot to renew. They nicely left at $595 "warning" ticket.man that would have been awful on top of the tow.
I grabbed a nice little spring jigging in 65' yesterday, but lost a mid 40's hali when my poon end fell out and i ended up just poking it! Needless to say it was pissed and streamed out that 10lb test like there was no tomorrow...mooching reel that was in my left hand,bundled up in my shirt and snap'o !
Nothing like chowdering a nice fish to give you a sleepless night

Little choppy out there at times today. There were so many fish being caught today, I literally lost count. Saw a few biggies bust guys off after a good 5 minutes. Saw a few solo guys limit out and leave. In fact, I spoke with a guy at the dock around 8am. I was on my way out fishing and thought it was a little weird he was coming in. He said he went out, put his lines down, double header after 1/2 hr and he was done! That sounded positive!
So we get going and after a few hours, I didn't even have a hit. Switched all the gear trying to find the magic combo. Something wasn't right...guys in front, behind, to my left and right, all hooking up but me it seemed....I was actually starting to wonder what the heck I was doing wrong...but then, finally our number got called and we were on. Super scrappy fish, took 3 or 4 long runs, we finally got it in and it was a 21# wild! Beautiful fish.....well, they all are.

Little choppy out there at times today. There were so many fish being caught today, I literally lost count. Saw a few biggies bust guys off after a good 5 minutes. Saw a few solo guys limit out and leave. In fact, I spoke with a guy at the dock around 8am. I was on my way out fishing and thought it was a little weird he was coming in. He said he went out, put his lines down, double header after 1/2 hr and he was done! That sounded positive!
So we get going and after a few hours, I didn't even have a hit. Switched all the gear trying to find the magic combo. Something wasn't right...guys in front, behind, to my left and right, all hooking up but me it seemed....I was actually starting to wonder what the heck I was doing wrong...but then, finally our number got called and we were on. Super scrappy fish, took 3 or 4 long runs, we finally got it in and it was a 21# wild! Beautiful fish.....well, they all are.

Nice! Was that on the flats? What was the magic formula for you?

Sorry, that was at the waterfront. Basically right out front of esq anglers, to the green can. Saw a bunch of boats at the breakwall, I don't know how they did.

Anchovy, 6ft leader....I was fishing 60 on the rigger. As soon as we were giving up and came up to 45, got that hit. But I watched for 4 hours others with multiple hookups. I missed one, and I considered myself lucky to get this one because I'd given up basically, too stubborn to leave though. So I'd like to know what the others were doing!

I saw quite a few fish caught in the waterfront today. Unfortunately, none for me. Four hits, and lost them all. I'm sharpening hooks right now! Beautiful day, flat water, no fog. Crazy number of boats!

Fished Oak Bay Flats yesterday and today. Sat we got two close to 20lb.
Today we got a 25 on the flats and a 20 at Clover Point. Didn't see anyone else catch fish on the flats today
All fish caught were at 70 ft on anchovie
Heading to Sooke tomorrow

Back