Victoria Reports 2015

Was out on Albert Head 7am until 830. Ran over the bumps a few times. No bait, no fish. Played in the tide lines back towards Vic and much the same. Lots of bait in front of Brotchie and the mouth of the break water but could not get anything to bite. Tried Andrew P, anchovies and hootchies.....nothing. Should have gone to the flats or out to the bank? How long of a leader are you guys running the Andrew P needles? I guess I was was fishing and not catching today :-( Off the water about noon.

Thanks, I have been using a 42". I have made up a leader with swivels and a quick connect on the lure. Perhaps tying direct to the lure may look more natural?

Fished the Gap for a couple hours starting at 6am with no luck, so moved to the flats where we picked up one 10lb clipped in 3 hrs, then back to gap for a keeper ling and 2 rockfish. Caught spring on coho killer @ 100 ft. Belly full of tiny 3" needlefish. Couple other boats reported 1 each. So the good news is that we caught fish, the bad news is I lost a Trophy reel/ Fenwick HMX combo over the side near Brodie Rock. Aaarrrrggg!... If anyone's got something decent for sale, I could use a replacement.

Fished the OB flats from 7-10 and got nothing. Headed out to Constance but it was too choppy so turned back. Fished in front of Ross Bay for a couple of hours. Lots of bait. Snagged one but lost it beside the boat. Constance looks better tomorrow. Did anyone get out there today? Nobody I talked to at the dock got anything today.

Tried to get out to Constance for the third time this week in my 16 ft, but no go. Fished the flats instead and got one 6 lb'r and lots of crabs in the traps. Nice day.

Tried trolling OBF Friday morning at the end of the slack, from just after 10 until 12:30 or so. Nothing, didn't see anyone catching either, but wasn't out long.

seemed good for me yesterday and today. they were off brodie yesterday but wernt today have to move around and look for them....

back in sooke now as of the afternoon Scott, i deliberately didn't post much this year due to the fact it gets way too busy down there, and people assume too many things and have negative words all the time so really why bother, ill post sooke stuff a bit ...

Have a great season down there Scott shaping up nicely so far

Wolf

Diptards R Us

back in sooke now as of the afternoon Scott, i deliberately didn't post much this year due to the fact it gets way too busy down there, and people assume too many things and have negative words all the time so really why bother, ill post sooke stuff a bit ...

Hey Wolf,
There are many, many of us (hundreds--or more) that both appreciate and have learned a great deal from both reading your posts, and from fishing with, or near you. Just wanted to let you know that for many of us desk jockeys, your posts are entertaining, enlightening and a pleasant diversion from whatever else we are supposed to be doing.

Thanks for sharing your insights, and hope you continue to post regularly--at least from Sooke.
Regards, Suke

Hey Wolf,
There are many, many of us (hundreds--or more) that both appreciate and have learned a great deal from both reading your posts, and from fishing with, or near you. Just wanted to let you know that for many of us desk jockeys, your posts are entertaining, enlightening and a pleasant diversion from whatever else we are supposed to be doing.

Thanks for sharing your insights, and hope you continue to post regularly--at least from Sooke.
Regards, Suke
Ditto!.... Well said

Hey Wolf , when your good at something you will always get criticized. Thanks for sharing your true knowledge will us all!

beemer

It's always good to hear from the pros on how they are doing gives a guy a real report on weather the fish are around or not. Let's face it,, just because one has a line in the water doesn't mean they know what their doing. We need the pro reports to give us hope lol..

Hope to see you in August Roy. Will be at my spot,, booked in from the 7th - 16th this year. Will give you a shout or get you on the radio..

Thanks guys I will , just wish everyone good fishing ill post on sooke soon enough.

just be safe out there saw some dangerous things lately which scare me, saw a guy on friday anchor from his stern off a smocking ebb a fellow guide and I were watching him closely to make sure he didn't go down....

As for a report fish i was getting have been on the sitka spoon and some anchovie got into a few on friday and managed 2 in and yesterday managed 2 again biggest was 17 lb on bait they are there just have too look for them big one yesterday was at mid water in 120 ft of depth.

Good luck Wolf

Back