Victoria 2013 Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quiet at Albert Head and the gravel pit this morning. Got out for a couple hours, no seals, but no fish either.

Set up south of Discovery on the edge of the shipping lanes today for a few hours and got a lot of nothing. New anchor set up worked well, though. Saw a couple of other boats a little south and west of us but there was nobody fishing the flats. Got a very ambitious dog-fish and nice rock cod but that was that. The tides started moving a little quick at around 1.30 so we called it a day.

10-2 out front today. The only good fish on today was eaten by snuffy. Where is shark week when you need it???? 2 keeper dungy in the traps to finish the day.

Looks like another bad year for winter springs off Victoria. What's going on - has the US cut back on hatchery fish? Even if you manage to hook a fish, theres a 99 percent chance snuffy will have it in seconds.

We were out Sunday off the break wall, started with a double header of 4-5lb winters that we released, then trolled another 2 hours without a sniff.
will try again this weekend weather permitting.

Hey you jerks leave room for me!

qyzesyve.jpg
y9ypugaj.jpg

Lots full mid December? Must be the frostbite derby? I must be far too good an angler to be invited??

Haha good luck out there guys! I'll let ya know how I make out

Edit: well clearly im far from the best angler I got to my Hali spot, dropped anchor, grabbed my rod and... Where's the bait???

Tried with plastic to no avail

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of the boats we seen Hali fishing by Discovery Island and in Haro Straight today on the forum??
How did you do?

Frostbite went well 16.8# & 16.3 1st and 2nd....killer bees! I think about 70% of guys got something, a couple 3-4# for me :( a couple crab. Couldn't have gotten a better day out there, awesome time. Trotac handing out floating gift bags, well done guys! And thx a ton to the organizers, class A job! $900 to salmon enhancement as well!

Begged out of work Monday and hit OB from 1130-130- no action or bait to be seen, then did clover and flagpole for another 2 hrs and dredged up a hatched football around 9lbs bouncing bottom with a spoon after trying all the plastic and spoons in the box. It was a great tshirt and jeans day in December. Very sunny and much better than work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back