VHF Repair Shop

FD

Double check that there's no short in the antenna. If it's been in the salt environment they tend to corrode up where the connectors are on the RG antenna wire, the three Db antannas with connectors on both ends are the worst for this. You can use an ohm meter to check.
Good Luck.

Call ahead to VI radio in coombs.. They will fix it on the spot... Whatever happened to burnaby radio? Building burnt down and they moved?

Theres a place in north van.......rauer electronics.
Guy wasnt the most peaceable person to deal with but fixed my radio once.

Check with another good radio you may have (like a handheld or buddy's radio near you) and put both on same channel with pteferably with no squelch on. To see if you are transmitting a signal, key up the microphone of the radio in question (without any talking) and the other, good radio should receive a strong signal ( static will be broken by strong silent transmission from radio in question) . This means your radio is transmitting but if no voice is heard when you speak you clearly have a microphone issue that is producing no modulation.

There is a fellow that used to be in south van just off Fraser street who worked on my VHF radios, out of his home. VERY fair prices . His name is Ron Lo however I don't know if he is still in business and I have yet to locate his number . Nikka Ind. used to use him for their repairs and may still . I will try to locate his number and see if he is till around and in business.

ya , thx ..

thats how i figured out that it wasnt working , tried 2 good radios , natta ,
gonna head over there after work , try cleaning the contact for the antenna , see what happens

thx

fd

Check with another good radio you may have (like a handheld or buddy's radio near you) and put both on same channel with pteferably with no squelch on. To see if you are transmitting a signal, key up the microphone of the radio in question (without any talking) and the other, good radio should receive a strong signal ( static will be broken by strong silent transmission from radio in question) . This means your radio is transmitting but if no voice is heard when you speak you clearly have a microphone issue that is producing no modulation.

There is a fellow that used to be in south van just off Fraser street who worked on my VHF radios, out of his home. VERY fair prices . His name is Ron Lo however I don't know if he is still in business and I have yet to locate his number . Nikka Ind. used to use him for their repairs and may still . I will try to locate his number and see if he is till around and in business.

Back