Vancouver Winter Springs

mr eagle

Went out on Sunday. Fished around Hutt Island and caught two springs, one was about 22 inches and gently released, the other was a 9 lber that was bonked. The smaller fish was caught on a green hootchie at 120 feet, the 9 on a coyote at 180 feet.

Has anyone else been out? Weather prmitting we will be out on Saturday.

I have not been out yet...still working on the new boat. It is good to hear reports from this side of the pond. Keep us informed.
Were there lots of seals about? We were sealed about 1/2 the time over the last couple of years.
What about bait?

Thanks,

Getbent

I have not been out yet...still working on the new boat. It is good to hear reports from this side of the pond. Keep us informed.
Were there lots of seals about? We were sealed about 1/2 the time over the last couple of years.
What about bait?

Thanks,

Getbent

We did see a few seals, fortunately they weren't around when we caught fish. There were a few small schools of bait on the sounder but not much.

We did see a few seals, fortunately they weren't around when we caught fish. There were a few small schools of bait on the sounder but not much.

I am going out monday or tues weather permitting I have never fished hut island is there any tricks to the area

quote:Originally posted by farny

I am going out monday or tues weather permitting I have never fished hut island is there any tricks to the area

Pretty standard winter tactics, just keep your eyes open for reefs in the area.

Might make it out this weekend, I'll give a report if I do. Good luck.

Back