Vancouver Saltchuk

kind of at the hump, closer to the Q.A., but we hooked the springs right where the color change happens for the Fraser. It seems we found the fish then it was over. Had to get back early so maybe missed a couple more.

Talked to a couple of guide friends who found some good action, with a couple of boats finding a double header and a few hook ups at the "spot". It wasn't fast and furious, but there was good action. They each boated a couple of nice fish. One of them reported they had a 22 lb Red. The average size seems to be in the low double digits with some into the mid teens.

It got nasty out there in a hurry and it was "over" by noon.

Hoping this wind dies down and behaves for tomorrow despite the forecast. [}:)]

quote:Originally posted by Brisco

We got out today for a short time and managed 3 springs in the 13-17 lb. range. And our limit of hatchery coho.Wemust have hit 10 of those bluebacks. I got all 3 springs on a watermelon spoon at 80ft. and the coho on chovies at 40 ft. Fast troll seemed to work, I guess F.M. is right it is hot out there.

Good stuff Briso! That's a fun morning.:D

I am off the water until at least the 12th. Hopefully some action is left for me then.

Marbled springs by far have the best meat, I find the early reds a bit tough. My 2 cents.... and white frasers are my fav.

Hot reels.

Well things have slowed down for me in the last few days. Had a couple undersize and a crack a two good hits which were both on my friends set up. Not the action I experienced the last week of April. That being said I know some boats still did alright , so the fishing could still be hot just not for me. Just because a guy gets skunked on one day and the day before was being reported as hot doesn t mean the report is bs. South bowen is a big area and fish could be anywhere alot of the boats reporting are on the water everyday and professional guides I should hope they do a bit better than the rest of us. I have had days at the cap where you fish right beside some of these guys and you watch them bring fish after fish in and I THINK TO MYSELF WHAT THE HELL. I have now had the reverse success and I only stated fishing last year. My point is I have pretty much learned how to fish from these reports and the help of local guides so every one please still let the reports pour in, even if its a report with no fish .

Out this afternoon off south bowen. Dropped the lines about 1:30 headed in about 4:00. Not even a hit on the hump so we went deeper between bowen and the hump. Hit two keeper's (low teens) lost one. Releaed two more under size. Was a lot of tapping going on once we found the fish but most wern't sticken. All in all was a good day out till the rain and wind got to much. All the fish where at 150-170ft on the wire, flashers and spoons. The glow kitchen sink seemed to get the most hits, hits were quite consistent from about 2:00 to 3:15 ish.

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

Well...Vancouver fishing pretty fine right now...and that's no BeeEss!!!

BonChovy Fishing Charters is having a lot of fun!

nyk-300x225.jpg

Hi.

A prawning neophyte question ... If am heading out from Vancouver Harbour to fish off South Bowen or the QA where is the best place to drop the prawn trap?

A big thanks in advance.

Any reports for the Vancouver/Bowen area. Heading out tomorrow for the first trip of the season. What bait and depth has been working.
Thanks

Eastpoint

after that bitter taste of Byfuglein in my mouth weds night, ill need to replace that with a cold beer on the water thursday morning chasing REDS??? hopefully and some crab, let ya know how we did

quote:Originally posted by cammer

after that bitter taste of Byfuglein in my mouth weds night, ill need to replace that with a cold beer on the water thursday morning chasing REDS??? hopefully and some crab, let ya know how we did

LOL ! Looks like the wind has settled. Good luck Thursday and maybe Byfuglein will be put in his place on Friday, especially if the beer doesn't get rid of the bad taste ! .

Thanks for the info guys.

So we went out early Wednesday to fish around Bowen and the hump. Tried various spoons at various locations but came up empty handed. Once we were out there we thought maybe it would have been nice to have some bait. Well it was the first time out this year and even if the fish didn't cooperate the weather did.

"I'll BE BACK"

Eastpoint

sorry for delay on report, website was down yesterday??. anyways sunshine on my shoulders makes me happyweastehr was F N awesome out there and w/in 5 minutes of fishing pin popper.... marble to boat, 1 hr later pin popper and red to net, then right in front of Korsch 16 pound whitey, making his guests very jealous (i think) lol, shirts off whole day beers very cold and 8 big dungees to be had, i cant believe how good Vancouver is this year

Hit up south bowen today and spent the day bobbing around looking for the big one. The big one stood us up but we did manage 2 keepers 10 and 12 lbs both very red. Released two more that were 61cm , so close to a limit day. The morning was pretty slow as we hit our fish staggered through out he day , some other boats had a solid morning . Green hoochy did all the damage for us, but both fish had a belly full of herring one was a greedy ******* with a 8 or 9 inch herring in there. Going to try herring tomorrow and see what happens. Prawning was good cause I am usually happy just to find my traps where I left them , but today we had about 180. Crabbing was also good.

Yeah a report would be nice apparently lots of talk this morning on the radio but no location hmmm...... not much for boats off southend so are we in the sound or right at the qa?? Any insight would be appreciated as we are headed out early sunday and will definately report our day!! I know when its real good were not always jumpin on the site to report but I need some direction as well as Brisco by the sounds of it, cheers[?][?]

hit south bowen again today found our action in close to passage island in the morning boxing a 11lbs spring on herring . Had another good sized fish on later but my leader failed. A few other boats did well in close aswell some boxed springs in the 20 range. 100 ft zone was working for me on the rigger with the exception of the fish we boxed on the way home off the bell , it hit at 178 and liked the green hoochy . Hope the water is as nice tomorrow.

hit south bowen again today found our action in close to passage island in the morning boxing a 11lbs spring on herring . Had another good sized fish on later but my leader failed. A few other boats did well in close aswell some boxed springs in the 20 range. 100 ft zone was working for me on the rigger with the exception of the fish we boxed on the way home off the bell , it hit at 178 and liked the green hoochy . Hope the water is as nice tomorrow.

Back