Vancouver Saltchuk

We had a fun morning, hit 2 fish out past the QA, 12lb red and a 20lb marbled.
anchovies at 130
had my crab trap stolen...that was nice ,2nd one this year, thats 5 in the past 2 years.
don't even get worked up about it anymore...I know the dirt bags are out there...one day karma will catch up with them.

We had a fun morning, hit 2 fish out past the QA, 12lb red and a 20lb marbled.
anchovies at 130
had my crab trap stolen...that was nice ,2nd one this year, thats 5 in the past 2 years.
don't even get worked up about it anymore...I know the dirt bags are out there...one day karma will catch up with them.

Grinded it out at the South arm for a change...bait boiling everywhere...birds were working, fish all over the sounder...finally popped one at 4pm, 110 on a red head Krippled head and a red flasher, biggest yet this season...had to go 25:D. The wife was good on the net.

Deadliest catch on the crab with the ling and cod carcasses from fridays run to thrasher...we had like 20 keepers.

****ty on the trap even-tide!!!

Cheers
Getbent

Grinded it out at the South arm for a change...bait boiling everywhere...birds were working, fish all over the sounder...finally popped one at 4pm, 110 on a red head Krippled head and a red flasher, biggest yet this season...had to go 25:D. The wife was good on the net.

Deadliest catch on the crab with the ling and cod carcasses from fridays run to thrasher...we had like 20 keepers.

Cheers
Getbent

Kept a 10lb and a 12lb this a.m. at the QA. One st 75 ft on a flaming hans and one at 95 ft on an anchovy.

Kept a 10lb and a 12lb this a.m. at the QA. One st 75 ft on a flaming hans and one at 95 ft on an anchovy.

quote:Originally posted by getbent

Cheers
Getbent

If that report is actually true, you killed that fish irresponsibly and illegally. THE SOUTH ARM IS CLOSED TO RETENTION RIGHT NOW. Given this year's dismal early timed Fraser Chinook run, every fish counts. I sure hope that you didn't see anybody else out there. As sporties, we owe it to the resource to follow the rules.

The Department is implementing additional measures to protect and conserve
Fraser River Spring Chinook stocks of concern that are now entering the Fraser
River. Additional management measures are required for commercial,
recreational and First Nation fisheries to reduce fishery exploitation rates on
these Chinook stocks.

Additional management measures are required for the recreational fishery in
Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 and 29-10. Effective 00:01 hrs Saturday May 1, 2010
and until further notice the daily limit is zero (0) Chinook salmon.

An update will be provided on the duration of these management measures in a
subsequent fishery notice in mid May.

Sport Fishing Advisory Board representatives have been consulted on these
measures.

For more information contact your local fishery office or the lower Fraser
Recreational Fishery Manager, Debra Sneddon at 604-666-6509.

quote:Originally posted by getbent

Cheers
Getbent

If that report is actually true, you killed that fish irresponsibly and illegally. THE SOUTH ARM IS CLOSED TO RETENTION RIGHT NOW. Given this year's dismal early timed Fraser Chinook run, every fish counts. I sure hope that you didn't see anybody else out there. As sporties, we owe it to the resource to follow the rules.

The Department is implementing additional measures to protect and conserve
Fraser River Spring Chinook stocks of concern that are now entering the Fraser
River. Additional management measures are required for commercial,
recreational and First Nation fisheries to reduce fishery exploitation rates on
these Chinook stocks.

Additional management measures are required for the recreational fishery in
Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 and 29-10. Effective 00:01 hrs Saturday May 1, 2010
and until further notice the daily limit is zero (0) Chinook salmon.

An update will be provided on the duration of these management measures in a
subsequent fishery notice in mid May.

Sport Fishing Advisory Board representatives have been consulted on these
measures.

For more information contact your local fishery office or the lower Fraser
Recreational Fishery Manager, Debra Sneddon at 604-666-6509.

I've pondered this point myself before.

Where would a person find the GPS co-ordinates to ensure you were fishing far enough out into the strait to be outside the closed sub-areas?

I've pondered this point myself before.

Where would a person find the GPS co-ordinates to ensure you were fishing far enough out into the strait to be outside the closed sub-areas?

Thanks for your concern bcfshr...I was in 29-3, I meant that I was off the South arm in area instead of to the North. The report is actually true, I killed the fish responsibly and legally with a good wack between the eyes:D. Yes there was one other boat out that way.

I do follow the rules and keep up to date on my regs.
I don't have time to make BS posts either.

Cheers,

Getbent

Ps. We only kept our limit of crab as well.

Thanks for your concern bcfshr...I was in 29-3, I meant that I was off the South arm in area instead of to the North. The report is actually true, I killed the fish responsibly and legally with a good wack between the eyes:D. Yes there was one other boat out that way.

I do follow the rules and keep up to date on my regs.
I don't have time to make BS posts either.

Cheers,

Getbent

Ps. We only kept our limit of crab as well.

We picked up a #22 lb red between cowan and Qa at 65 ft bottom rod on green and white coyote,just a powerhouse of a fish. Couple other pop offs but no more fish. We caught it at 9:15 am.First trip this year for my boat and it catches fish haha. [8D]

We picked up a #22 lb red between cowan and Qa at 65 ft bottom rod on green and white coyote,just a powerhouse of a fish. Couple other pop offs but no more fish. We caught it at 9:15 am.First trip this year for my boat and it catches fish haha. [8D]

Was out first thing sat. morning and hammered everywhere from the hump to QA to Cowan,, 7 hrs. 2 good hits one the leader broke old stock maybe ? the other was a quick right left and gone.Glad to see someone was lucky Did see some guys out by thrasher wonder how the east side is.I wouldn't call it hot but it was a great day and 5 keepers in the trap made for a great dinner.

Tough one out on the hump yesterday...blowing and pretty snotty.
Let an undersize go, lost a gooder and boated a nice 10-12 lber.
Trolled back across the hump towards thrasher and the South arm and put a nice 15 in the boat near the end as it was starting to lay down.

Red krippled k behind red flasher from 120 to 80, and 1 on an army truck coyote.

Cheers,

Getbent

Fished the slash off Bowen from 1 pm to 6 pm yesterday, tried white hoochies, green/white glow hoochies, anchovies, and also coyotes from 70 to 160 feet. Not even a sniff.

Went and pulled up the prawn traps in Howe Sound afterward, got a few dozen. Stopped at Tunstall on the way back for a quick troll, lost a 10-12 pound spring a few feet from the net and caught 2 grey cod. They were hooked right near bottom in 150 feet of water on the white hooch. Was a beaut of a day on the water!!!!

quote:Originally posted by mr eagle

Fished the slash off Bowen from 1 pm to 6 pm yesterday, tried white hoochies, green/white glow hoochies, anchovies, and also coyotes from 70 to 160 feet. Not even a sniff.

Went and pulled up the prawn traps in Howe Sound afterward, got a few dozen. Stopped at Tunstall on the way back for a quick troll, lost a 10-12 pound spring a few feet from the net and caught 2 grey cod. They were hooked right near bottom in 150 feet of water on the white hooch. Was a beaut of a day on the water!!!!

Found a couple of 13 lbers yesterday but it took a long while and a lots of trolling before we hooked up and got them in short succession. It was darn slow otherwise. The fish are in pockets out there but the quality is excellent with most keepers in the low teens with the largest going 20 in recent days.

Anchovies now seem to be going the biggest damage with depths of 65 to 120 being best.

Thrasher is starting to turn on with some good moments there in recent days.

Just heard through a buddy that the Bonnie Lee boats are doing well out at the QA this morning. Limits have been had on hoochies and green/glo coyote spoons.

Back