Vancouver Island Fishing Closures Now In

ya but let 10,000 bathers swim all slathered in fish killing sun screen

I wonder when all lakes and rivers AND back country forestry campsites will be closed. I know it's extreme worse case scenario, but it would mean less brush fires. Might be time to limit any recreational use except in supervised provincial parks.

I wonder when all lakes and rivers AND back country forestry campsites will be closed. I know it's extreme worse case scenario, but it would mean less brush fires. Might be time to limit any recreational use except in supervised provincial parks.

Yeah we can just let the loggers and resource pillagers run wild that way too with no one watching sounds like a plan the bc government would support.

Yeah we can just let the loggers and resource pillagers run wild that way too with no one watching sounds like a plan the bc government would support.

I wonder of all the fires burning right now, we know that 30% are human caused I wonder if that includes the resource sector.

I wonder of all the fires burning right now, we know that 30% are human caused I wonder if that includes the resource sector.

Im sure in the end there are some its a bit of a combo, someone told me that two of the islands fires the one on mt benson and in cedar were both from industry but I cannot confirm. Island Timberlands has closed all its public gates as of June 30 not much word about what they are doing work wise in the areas.

Can't say I blame them some people are savages and can't be trusted with restrictions but logging practices across the island have contributed to low water levels as much as anyone in my opinion.

This all hurts the honest people the most who enjoy these areas for recreational low eviromental impact activities, such a bummer of a year it's hardly July, nothing I can do now except wait and be glad we got out lots in both winter and spring leading up to this.

Back