Vancouver Guide Recomendations

6.7outdoorsman

I'm looking to book a 10 hour fishing trip around Vancouver for 8-12-2016, there seems to be a large abundance to choose from, can anyone give me some recommendations for a charter service to use? Thanks for the help.

Also I have looked at the following fishing charters
Bon Chovy
Salmon Eye outfitters
Vancouver fishing trips.com

Are any of these choices recommended?

bon chovy
predator charters

Our group tried Bonchovy about 4 years ago, forgot the guide's name though. He was a very nice guy and tried his hardest to get us into fish. Only landed a 6 lb chinook and an undersized ling cod after 10 hours and lost a small salmon to a seal. Was a really slow day and other boats on the water weren't doing much better. Near the end of the day, he called up another guide and they had some fish which they didn't want so he drove over and got us one of their catch (another 6lb chinook). On the way back to the docks, we saw a boat stranded and he asked us for permission to save them. Naturally, we agreed.

Despite the lack of fish, which we didn't fault him for, it was a great experience to go out with such a wicked guide! I would highly recommend Bonchovy for anyone consider it!

Our group tried Bonchovy about 4 years ago, forgot the guide's name though. He was a very nice guy and tried his hardest to get us into fish. Only landed a 6 lb chinook and an undersized ling cod after 10 hours and lost a small salmon to a seal. Was a really slow day and other boats on the water weren't doing much better. Near the end of the day, he called up another guide and they had some fish which they didn't want so he drove over and got us one of their catch (another 6lb chinook). On the way back to the docks, we saw a boat stranded and he asked us for permission to save them. Naturally, we agreed.

Despite the lack of fish, which we didn't fault him for, it was a great experience to go out with such a wicked guide! I would highly recommend Bonchovy for anyone consider it!
Thank you for your reply.

Bon Chovy has more boats on the water more often than any other outfit. They'd be my first choice if I was looking for a charter.

Bon chovy, pacific angler, predator

Yup......what he said. ;)

@6.7outdoorsman , not sure if you are local or coming in from out of town? Bon Chovy and Pacific Angler are a bit more convenient with their close proximity to downtown whereas Predator leaves from Horseshoe Bay which can be a bit less convenient if you ARE from out of town and staying downtown.

Can you tell us some details of your group.
Q. will there be kids or grandparents?
Q. Do you want to leave the harbor and go 20 miles to the Sandheads light station, cause a lot of grandparents can't!
Q. Does anyone need instructions because they havn't fished before?

Dave Korsche from Predator charters. Rarely seen him on the water when he isn't into multiple good fish, even when others are having a hard time scratching up anything. As already mentioned he is based out of Horseshoe Bay, not downtown. Real nice guy, and I'd say he's a sure bet to get you into fish if there's anything out there.

Back