Vancouver Boat Show 2024

Well,had a look at the boats on offer at the show ,mainly the tin boats around the 26' mark.
Have to say was unimpressed by what was on sale for the asking price.
The layout of some of the boats was pretty dismal ,especially inside the cabins ( look at the Thunderjet 26' for over 400k)
So my conclusion was that if you have the funds and time go get yourself a custom build boat.
It'll work out cheaper and you get the boat you want.
Maybe it's a supply and demand thing-don't know.

Every boat design is a compromise though, you give in one area but need to take from another area. Interior cabin width vs. walkaround ability, cabin space vs. maximum dance floor size, steep deadrise vs. easier to plane.....

Went to the show today but spent far more at Cardero's for dinner afterwards. I do enjoy the show but really didn't see many "deals" but rather interesting things to think about, and a few to drool over => like the $500,000+ Huey. 🤑

I have been at the Seattle show since Thursday night. It is simply enormous and the facility at Lumen Field is very nice

I went up to the 2nd level to take a quick video to post up, but it was too large a file. I will try again before I leave

There must be 7 or 8 Grady Whites in their booth, and the same for Ranger Tugs. It is like that for most manufacturers.

More welded Aluminum boats than I remember from the last time It looked like the complete StabiCrafts line on display.

I was in New York years ago and spent a day at the NY show. That show was bigger than Seattle but not by much.

Last edited:
The 29' Hewes Explorer ( I think that was the name) was cool. It has a pretty nice cabin.The checkerplate floor was a bit bright.
ABD's boat was cool too. Triple OX outboards. Top speed of 40kts.
Duckworth 30XL looked good too. I did not go inside.
Also Fish Whistle put together a boat for the show....cool idea, although it hasn't seen the water yet
I liked the innovation or thought process behind it. Their small open boats look solid as usual.

The cabin pic above is the ABD.
The fit/ finish on that thing is cheap especially considering they are asking something like $1.3m for it.

I went yesterday. I am a duckworth owner, I feel they're currently priced ridiculously. I spent time on my dream boat. The 24 duckworth pacific pro, told her i loved her and let her go. Checked out the other aluminum boats. Im my opinion. You get better bang for your buck with Hewescraft. Checked out the fjord swivel base. I might pull the trigger today. But about 500 bucks per is a tough pill to swallow. Steveston marine is selling Westcoast spoons for real cheap. $6.50 per. Also saw loonie spoons for 5 bucks at harbour chandler. But today is the day to get the deals.

Did West Coast move production offshore? It doesn't bother me too much if they did-but I did hear them.interviewed on the Outdoorline this week.
How often are swivel bases breaking for people? Ir is it a smoothness thing?

The fit/ finish on that thing is cheap especially considering they are asking something like $1.3m for it.
Boats are expensive. I think there are a few boats out there priced quite high---But I still like it. Aluminum boat that doesn't look like a work boat/water taxi.....and I love work boats. Just nice to see a boat being different. I can't afford one of the engines or the dashboard on that thing.

Did West Coast move production offshore? It doesn't bother me too much if they did-but I did hear them.interviewed on the Outdoorline this week.
How often are swivel bases breaking for people? Ir is it a smoothness thing?
Westcoast hand paints his Spoons in Vancouver. But the Spoons get punched out in China.
My swivel bases are due to be changed out. My pin holes are all worn. I've rotated them to change the pin hole location. I know the fjords are excessive but the way my dad leans all his weight on the rigger when reaching over the boat. Any additional strength could help. Plus we split everything 50-50

Was at the show yesterday as someone who looks very forward to it every year I was a bit underwhelmed I found the fit/finish fairly poor to be honest on most boats considering the premium they are asking I had higher hopes as usual lots of interesting things to see a fun day out with the lady and a good lunch over on Granville for the guys that can afford a $500k aluminum you may as well get one built exactly how you want it from some of the very talented bc builders in my opinion.

Back