Vancouver Boat Show 2024

I am going to the Vancouver Show on Wednesday and hoping to get both Grandville Island and BC Place done in one day.

Thursday, I am heading down to Seattle for their show till Monday evening . (the joy of being freshly retired)

They have some interesting course that they are offering and if you sign up for the whole program you can catch the classes you want and then rewatch them online until (I think) the end of May.

I have enough Best Western points that my 4 hotel nights are costing under $100. USD. My hotel is a short walk from the show and there are free shuttles for their dockside show.

I am going to the Vancouver Show on Wednesday and hoping to get both Grandville Island and BC Place done in one day.

Thursday, I am heading down to Seattle for their show till Monday evening . (the joy of being freshly retired)

They have some interesting course that they are offering and if you sign up for the whole program you can catch the classes you want and then rewatch them online until (I think) the end of May.

I have enough Best Western points that my 4 hotel nights are costing under $100. USD. My hotel is a short walk from the show and there are free shuttles for their dockside show.
Ok, but... which shirt you going to buy?

Hey Bill if you find yourself in the outboard area it would be great to hear back on the new Honda (fixed haha) 350 v8...I hoped to get down to Seattle for a peek but a lack of retirement holds me back...

Last edited:
I looked at the Hullo ferry, I look forward to the reports.
I have some points that can be used on 'travel' and flights are covered, but I cannot get an answer as to ferries.
Also, I am a bit concerned about parking at the Downtown Nanaimo location for Hullo. I think it is pissing distance from the 'free republic of people experiencing homelessness'.
The convenience of taking the seaplane from Departure Bay, with free parking, and the ability to return on the BC Ferry if the flight falls through, and walk over to my truck, is comforting.
Totally agree.

Be interesting what the merc team says, they seemed to think there would be endless orders and sales last year.

Foe the v10s? Ya for sure...phone screen is wearing thin its the new Honda 350hp v8 I'm stoked on.

Heading over Friday night from the island to visit some family will be at the show Saturday Looking forward to it have made it an annual trip for quite a few years now hope to see some of you there!

Got tossed out of 5 by a couple of very large fellows one forgettable, hazy night in the early ‘80s. Apparently there was a rule forbidding patrons from joining the dancers on stage. Who knew?? It wasn’t posted anywhere!

I am sure everyone has or knows someone with a Number 5 Orange story.

The first (and best) Top Gun had just opened. My late (deceased wife) had no desire to see the movie. I wandered across the street and asked my neighbour Wally( a Queens Engineer from the '60s) if he wanted to come with me. Yes, of course he was in and he brought along his son Andy.

I learned in the car that it was Andy's birthday and had become alcohol eligible that day.

After Top Gun Wally says to me , "You know, if you are ok with staying out a little later I would really like to take my son out for his first beer".

Then he adds, "if you guys promise not to tell Anne (his wife) let's go to a Strip Club". Now Wally graduated from Queens Engineering in the mid to late 60's in Ontario when the dancers wore Pasties and G strings.

He then said "what strip club should we go to?" Andy looks at me like I am the expert.

Now my experience with Vancouver Strip Clubs up to then was having to host Actuaries to the buffet lunch at the Marble Arch in order to build business relationships . My therapist thinks we are making progress on working through those traumatic days .

Wally says, "Is the Number 5 Orange a strip club?" 😀

We get there, park the car, and walk up to the front door. Wally says to Andy , "Get your ID out Andy , they ask at these places, especially when you are so young looking. (Andy was apparently considered by the young women on the street to be "dishy").

We walk in the door and the two girls working squeal. "Andy!!" and lay some serious sugar on him.

I look over at Wally and say, " I don't think today is Andy's first time in a Strip Club."

Last edited:
I will be on the Friday Hullo ferry, at the show Friday and Saturday. However, so will the wife so I guess it pains me to say I'll probably miss the #5.

Back