Vacuum Sealer Recommendations

Hanford shows shipping as $100 when I add to cart. Yikes.
Scott I’m assuming you use the ones from Amazon with success? I don’t see where it says these are 4mm?

I just used some of the Amazon bags, so far they work great.
I will never go back to rolls again.

Last edited:
Foosaver and 4mil bags from Halfords and your food will last a long time in freezer. We have salmon that is a year old plus and still looks and tastes like it did when vac packed. Don't cheap out.
Don’t cheap out, buy a vacuum chamber sealer and be done with it. Youll pay for the machine a few times over with the money you’ll save on the bags. Not only are the bags cheaper, they are pre-made (no cutting and sealing ends) are significantly better quality.

I have 500. 8x12 4 mil bags for a chamber sealer that I ordered in error. Willing to sell at a good price. They are not embossed.

Last edited:
05A270E2-74B3-4CDA-957A-2A0F5AD6DB15.pngBeen through 100+ of these and they work well. Just looked back through past orders though and they were $28.99. Won’t ever buy rolls again. As mentioned though how you pack them makes a big difference. Dry is your friend!

SurpOxyLoc 4mil100 Quart Size 8x12Inch Food Saver Vacuum Sealer Bags with BPA Free,Heavy Duty,Great for Sous Vide and Vac Seal Storage https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088SYTMYT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_0Y8RWW1Z4S3TS0KCJXY6
I searched the Surpoxyloc brand that Hippa posted and this is what came out. The brand you found is the exact same labelling, wording, etc, but a different brand & cheaper. Worthwhile to shop around on Amazon. Nice find.

SurpOxyLoc 4mil100 Quart Size 8x12Inch Food Saver Vacuum Sealer Bags with BPA Free,Heavy Duty,Great for Sous Vide and Vac Seal Storage https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B088SYTMYT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_0Y8RWW1Z4S3TS0KCJXY6

I searched the Surpoxyloc brand that Hippa posted and this is what came out. The brand you found is the exact same labelling, wording, etc, but a different brand & cheaper. Worthwhile to shop around on Amazon. Nice find.
Honestly, as mentioned before they’re likely all made same place. Either way they work very well. Just need to take the time to carefully process/dry/package fish for longevity.

Don’t cheap out, buy a vacuum chamber sealer and be done with it. Youll pay for the machine a few times over with the money you’ll save on the bags. Not only are the bags cheaper, they are pre-made (no cutting and sealing ends) are significantly better quality.
What make of sealer is good?

Back